- "100% achieved! Stats and cash have been boosted! Rhino and Hydra delivered to CJ's house in Grove Street."
- ―Message received upon 100% completion.
Unlike the other games, GTA San Andreas has extra tasks that are not required for the achievement but are also available to complete; many players refers to this as "110%".
To attain 100% completion in GTA San Andreas, the player must accomplish all of the following:
(The main categories and individual tasks of list are in order of availability in the timeline. Note that the main categories order has preference upon its individual tasks. An example of this are the odd job missions; all of them except the Freight Train mission can be done at the beginning of the game. However, as the Freight Train missions can only be done after Las Venturas, Bone County and Tierra Robada regions are unlocked the whole main category goes down the list. The individual tasks inside a main category are still in order.)
- Complete all storyline missions (In The Beginning to End of the Line), as well as the optional Heist strand (Architectural Espionage to Breaking the Bank at Caligula's).
- Collect all pickup items.
- Complete all vehicle challenges.
- Finish all stadium events.
- Learn all new moves from the three gyms.
- Complete the Ammu-Nation shooting range (level 12)
- Complete all odd job missions.
- Get all 30 vehicles to the Import/Export crane.
- Win all race tournaments
- Los Santos
- San Fierro
- Las Venturas road
- Las Venturas flying
- Finish the four optional schools with at least bronze on each test.
- Complete all asset missions.
- Purchase all 29 safehouses.
When 100% is achieved in San Andreas, the following rewards are given.
- Infinite ammunition
- Hydra on the roof of Sweet's house.
- Rhino by the bridge going above Ganton.
- BMX by the Police Station Los Santos
Below is a list of extras that don't need to be done for 100%, but are still available for the player.
- Completing all 70 Unique Stunt Jumps.
- Completing the Burglar mission (although its infinite sprint reward might come in very handy).
- Getting 100% progress with all girlfriends (or, indeed, dating any girlfriends with the exception of Millie Perkins).
- Buying all clothes from the six clothes shops (Binco, Sub Urban, Zip, Pro-Laps, Victim and Didier Sachs).
- Winning the Lowrider Challenge at least once (required to complete Cesar Vialpando).
- Complete the Beefy Baron minigame at least once.
- Get high score in all of the arcade games: Go Go Space Monkey, Let's Get Ready to Bumble, Duality and They Crawled from Uranus.
- Winning a game of Pool.
- Finishing first place on both Beat The Cock challenges (Santa Maria Beach and Palomino Creek).
- Getting all Gold medals in the four vehicle schools (cars, motorcycles, boats and aircraft).
- Maxing out all skills: (Stamina, Lung Capacity, Driving skill, Flying skill, Bike skill, Cycling skill, Gambling skill).
- Maximum Muscle, Total Respect, Sex Appeal and Luck (1000 points).
- Having "King of San Andreas" Criminal Rating.
- Getting an Ace pilot rank.
- Getting Hitman skill level (1000 points) with all weapons (Pistol, Silenced Pistol, Desert Eagle, Shotgun, Sawn-off Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, Micro-Uzi, Tec-9, SMG, AK-47, M4).
- Money $999.999.999
- All gang territories under control (100%).