Events concerning the Grand Theft Auto series in 2000.
- The PlayStation 2 is released in Japan on March 4.
- The PlayStation 2 is released in the U.S. on October 26.
- The PlayStation 2 is released in Europe on November 24.
- The events of Grand Theft Auto Advance takes place.
- Julio Ochoa is elected Mayor of Liberty City.
- Charles Martin is arrested for tax evasion, aged 43.
- Johnny Barbosa is arrested for petit larceny, aged 17.
- Johnny Klebitz is arrested for parole violation, aged 26.
- Mr. McReary committed suicide.
- Michael Keane is arrested for grand larceny, aged 20.
- Gordon Sargent is arrested for petty larceny, aged 21.
- Elizabeta Torres is arrested for criminal possession weapon, aged 23.
- Patrick McReary is arrested for hijacking, aged 21.
- Dimitri Rascalov is arrested for hijacking, aged 31.
- Jeremy St. Ives is arrested for incest, aged 24.
- Oswaldo Quiroga is arrested for possession of controlled substance: heroin, aged 43.
- Mori Green, Isaac Roth and Claude Wome are all arrested together for clean diamond act violation, aged 45, 24 and 34.
- Mark Volpe is arrested for promotion gambling, aged 37.
- Frankie Gallo is arrested for Grand Theft Auto, aged 23.
- The Banner Hotel & Spa branch begins operating on Cavalry Boulevard in Ludendorff, North Yankton.