Events concering the Grand Theft Auto series in 2008.
- Grand Theft Auto IV was released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on April 29.
- Grand Theft Auto IV was released for PC on December 2.
- The events of Grand Theft Auto IV take place in mid to late fall.
- Niko Bellic is accused of Grand Theft Auto.
- The events of Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned take place in mid to late fall.
- The events of Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony take place in mid to late fall.
- The Code Wanker Meet takes place this year, as evidenced in an email in Chinatown Wars.
- The Sprunk Factory is shut down some time before or during 2008.
- The Platypus ship docks at Liberty City.
- Elizabeta Torres is given a 300 year sentence for thirty counts of cocaine distribution.
- Gerald McReary is imprisoned for racketeering and armed robbery offences. Possibly doing a 20 or 50 year prison sentence, 20 if for racketeering, 50 for racketeering and armed robbery.
- Ego Chaser Energy Bars is introduced on January 1.
- Franklin Clinton is arrested and is placed in Bolingbroke Penitentiary.
- Steve Haines becomes the host of the TV show, The Underbelly Of Paradise.
- Dale Jenkins is voted for British's Atheist of the Year.
- Jon Gravelli dies at the age of 85 in his hospital bed.