Events concerning the Grand Theft Auto series in 2013:
- Mock police records on the Grand Theft Auto 2 website are dated between 10/07/13 and 03/11/13. This, along with the game's futuristic setting led some fans to believe that the game takes place in 2013. However, the game's manual uses the phrase "three weeks into the future," and the website's clock is always set three weeks ahead of the current time - this puts forward the idea that the game takes place in an unspecific time and place, fitting with the game's setting of "Anywhere, USA." On top of this, radio host Johnny Riccaro mentions in the game that "the millennium's coming," which would make the possibility that the game is possibly set in 1999.
- The events of Grand Theft Auto Online take place in late spring/early summer.
- Excluding the Prologue, the events of Grand Theft Auto V take place in late summer/early fall.
- A superstorm in Liberty City causes major floods and power outages in Algonquin.
- Johnny Klebitz, Terry Thorpe, and Clay Simons are killed by Trevor Philips.
- Ashley Butler is either also killed by Trevor, or dies from drug abuse.
- Rocco Pelosi is killed by Michael De Santa.
- One of three events occur:
- The band, Fatal Incursion, released their new album, Insertion Required, on March 24.
- The movie, The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain, was produced by Fred's Pictures.
- The movie, Meltdown, was produced by Richards Majestic Productions.
- Jack Howitzer is released from Bolingbroke Penitentiary and hosts his own show.