Events concerning the Grand Theft Auto series in 2013:
- Mock police records on the Grand Theft Auto 2 website are dated between 10/07/13 and 03/11/13. This, along with the game's futuristic setting led some fans to believe that the game takes place in 2013. However, the game's manual uses the phrase "three weeks into the future", and the website's clock is always set three weeks ahead of the current time - this puts forward the idea that the game takes place in an unspecific time and place, fitting with the game's setting of "Anywhere, USA". On top of this, radio host Johnny Riccaro mentions in the game that "the millennium's coming," which would set the game at least shortly before 2000.
- Excluding the Prologue, the events of Grand Theft Auto V take place.
- The events of Grand Theft Auto Online take place.
- Johnny Klebitz is killed by Trevor Phillips.
- Ashley Butler is killed by Trevor or dies from drug abuse.
- Terry Thorpe and Clay Simons are murdered by Trevor Phillips.