555 We Tip
Carl Johnson phoning We Tip to tell them about the drugs he has planted in the District Attorney's car
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Doherty Garage, Doherty|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Unlocked by:||Wear Flowers in Your Hair|
- "Found anything? He's got half of Mexico in here! Must be two tons of Mary here!"
- — Police Officer
Tenpenny phones Carl, checking on him and how he's doing in San Fierro. Carl replies negatively. Later on, Tenpenny gives him a task to trouble a person who has been a nuisance to Tenpenny and Pulaski. Carl initially refuses, but once Tenpenny informs him that the person is a district attorney, he gladly does the task.
He goes to the Vank Hoff Hotel in the Financial district. Once there, he follows a valet to an underground parking lot. Once there, he kills the valet in order to get his uniform, which is used as a disguise. Carl goes outside and waits for the D.A., who is arriving on a blue Merit. Once the D.A. has arrived in the valet space, Carl hops in the Merit and quickly drives to his garage, where he plants drugs in the trunk of the Merit. He quickly returns to the underground parking lot without sustaining any damage whatsoever, and goes to the valet space. Once there, Carl calls We Tip, saying that something highly suspicious is going on. Some SFPD policemen arrive shortly after, and search the DA and his car. They find the drugs in the car's trunk and arrest the district attorney.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The D.A. is on his way to the Vank Hoff Hotel in downtown San Fierro. Get over there now
- Follow the valet to the underground car park and waste him. Make sure no one is around
- The valet is in the car park. Take him out while he's down there
- Pick up the valet's uniform
- Get to the valet car port and wait with the other valet's
- Identify and enter the D.A.'s car when it arrives
- You're in the D.A.'s car. Get over to the Garage where the drugs will be planted
- The drugs are planted. Take the car to the valet's car park
- Park the car in the marked parking space
- A valet is coming to return the D.A.'s car. Get outside the valet car park and call the cops
- A reference to the mission (specifically, a number for We Tip) can be seen in the mobile game Gangstar: Crime City, which is known for being a thinly-veiled GTA Clone.
- If the player crashes into the street light near the garage before calling We Tip, Carl can be seen leaning on air in the cutscene.
- The DA's car is not always the third car to arrive at the garage. On rare occasions, after the first car arrives, it will take a long time for another car to arrive, and as the DA's Merit nears the garage, the other valet will say "Hey, that's the DA. He's a great tipper." The other valet will try to enter first in the car but you need to get the car first.
- The mission will fail if the player enters the garage to kill the valet with a wanted level.
- Sometimes when parking the car in the car park after planting the drugs, it will despawn and the mission will fail saying that the player destroyed the car. This is similar to the dumper glitch in the mission Explosive Situation.
- The mission will also fail if you earn a wanted level while driving the DA's car.
- This mission is similar to the The Lost and Damned mission Knowing Me, Knowing You.
- If you damage the DA's car, you can not fix it using the health cheat.
- The pedestrian model seen after the valet is killed, can be encountered during vigilante missions (the naked one).
- If the "pedestrians attack each other" cheat is used before this mission, the D.A. and cops will try to kill each other during the arrest cutscene, and the game will eventually freeze at a point in the scene, making it impossible to complete the mission.