Automated teller machines, more commonly known as ATMs, are computerised machines that can be used to complete monetary transactions such as balance check or withdrawal. It has appeared in three games so far: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V.
GTA San Andreas
The ATM is a non-interactive device. It features heavily in the mission Small Town Bank for Catalina, where the player must destroy some ATMs and retrieve the money inside. Even if the player can't use the ATM, it is implied that the machine accepts PISN, Master B8tr and Pla$tic cards, and is available for 24 hours.
In GTA IV, ATMs are interactive devices, but only serve as a means to show the player how much money the player has - despite the fact that the player's money is already displayed in the game's HUD. ATMs in GTA IV can be found in various locations throughout Liberty City, and are implied to be operated by the Bank of Liberty.
Occasionally, if the player kills a pedestrian who just used an ATM, massive amounts of money will spawn repeatedly on the ground. This will happen even with cops, who normally only drop their pistol.
In GTA V, ATMs play a more important role. Michael, Franklin and Trevor can visit an ATM to deposit or withdraw their money into their bank accounts. The player has five options to deposit money, ranging from a few dollars to all the money the player has collected. Since places like Ammu-Nation stores and real-estate brokers accept debit cards, it is not necessary to extract big stacks of cash from ATMs in order to make big purchases. The player can also use its cell phone or a laptop to deposit or withdraw money from Internet.
In the game, there's also an Random Event that involves the player pursuing a robber after he steals the wallet of a pedestrian while he was withdrawing money from the ATM.
ATMs can be found in many locations throughout San Andreas, outside Fleeca, Maze Bank or Lombank branches, and in places like the Vanilla Unicorn, Maze Bank Arena, or the ground floor of some buildings in Los Santos.
In GTA Online, the player can visit an ATM to donate their collected money into their bank so that it is protected from being stolen by other players. It is best to visit ATMs when not around many other players in GTA Online, for if the player visits an ATM, they are vulnerable to be shot and killed. The player's money can then be stolen from other players, making the use of ATMs in the game very risky. The safest option is to deposit and withdraw money using the cell phone or a laptop, from Maze Bank's website.
Types of ATMs
Locations (GTA IV)
- Crockett Ave (Southern most corner of Mohawk Ave)
- Tulsa St (Mohawk Ave side)
- Deadwood St (Opposite the alleyway)
- Corner of Tuscarora Ave and Cassidy St.
- Cassity St (Opposite the alleyway)
- Corner of Savannah Ave and Seymour Ave (Directly below Howard St.)
- Harrison St (Corner of Yorktown Ave.)
- Meadows Park (Just off of Cleves Ave.)
- Bismarck Ave (Corner of Silicon St.)
- Frankfort Ave (Western fork beside Topaz St.)
- Union Drive East (Almost level with Nickel St.)
- Bismarck Ave (Corner of Manganese St.)
- Kunzite St (Halfway between Frankfort Ave. and the small road connecting Kunzite St to Jade St., the Jade St. directly to the South)
- Amsterdam Lane (One block above Amethyst St, just south of small lane connecting Amsterdam Lane to Bismark Ave)
- Babbage Drive (On corner of Cockerell Ave.)
- Northwest corner of Long John Ave. and Franklin St.
- East side of Hubbard Ave. (where it curves north toward Panhandle Road)
Locations (GTA V)
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
- Peaceful St (at Quik House and Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter building)
- Vespucci Blvd (at Lombank Tower)
- Vespucci Blvd (at FLEECA branch)
- San Andreas Ave (at FIB Headquarters)
- San Andreas Ave (at Maison Ricard)
- Power St (at Union Depository)
- Alta St (at 707 Vespucci, corner of Vespucci Blvd)
- Elgin Ave (at Escapism Travel branch)
- Strawberry Ave (at Robert Dazzler International Jewelry Exchange, corner of San Andreas Ave)
- Clinton Ave (inside a 24/7)
- Spanish Ave (between Pop's Pills and a public parking lot)
- Eclipse Blvd (at Hardcore Comic Store)
- West Mirror Dr (inside a Limited Service convenience store)
- Corner of Mirror Park Blvd and Nikola Ave (at a small shopping mall)
- Corner of Palomino Ave and San Andreas Ave (at Little Seoul Tower)
- Lindsay Circus (inside a Limited Service convenience store)
- Vespucci Blvd (next to a Kayton branch and Arirang Plaza)
- Vespucci Blvd (between Look-See and Blick stores)
- Boulevard Del Perro (at FLEECA branch, next to the BAWSAQ and Betta building)
- Cougar Ave (next to an International Online Unlimited branch)
- Mad Wayne Thunder Dr (Lombank branch, corner of South Boulevard Del Perro)
- Corner of Dorset Dr and Heritage Way (International Online Unlimited building)
- Route 1 (outside Rob's Liquor and FLEECA branch).
- Barbareno Rd (at 24/7)
- Ineseno Rd (at 24/7)
- Chumash Plaza (at Blaine County Savings Bank branch)
- Great Ocean Hwy (at RON filling station, next to Pop's Pills)
- Paleto Blvd (near a liquor store and the Sheriff's office)
- Cascabel Ave (at Blaine County Savings Bank branch)