- "My husband is samurai, Mr. Toni. He is very strong... but very, very bad. He only married me to become waka-gashira in Liberty City. He has never loved me... he prefers the company of his men. Do you understand?"
- — Toshiko Kasen.
A Date With Death is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Toshiko Kasen, the wife of Yakuza leader Kazuki Kasen, from her apartment in Torrington, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toshiko informs Toni that his actions have infuriated her husband. Toni realises that he will soon find out, so Toshiko says they'll give his men something to talk about, by going to the opera. Toni gets her limousine and drives them to the Mr. Benz clothing store, where he changes into a tuxedo. They then drive to the Fort Staunton Opera House in Fort Staunton and watch the opera. When they exit, racist Forelli Family henchmen are waiting to kill both Toni and Toshiko. Toni, however, kills all five of the Forelli Family gang members and drives away in the limousine. More Forelli Family men chase them, however, they manage to get rid of the police attention and get back to Toshiko's apartment. As Toshiko and Toni enter her apartment, a Yakuza member sees them and quickly drives off.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Bring Toshiko's car round
- Pick up Toshiko
- Get a change of outfit
- Get back in Toshiko's car
- Go to the Opera
- Protect Toshiko and kill the Forelli gangsters
- Escape in Toshiko's car
- Take Toshiko back to her apartment