- "In these days of moral hypocrisy, certain valuable commodities can be hard to import."
- ―Donald Love.
A Drop in the Ocean is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by media tycoon and businessman Donald Love from the Love Media building in the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude goes to Donald Love's place looking for more work. A Dodo plane is dropping a few packages on the sea and Love wants him to pick them up before anyone else does. After being informed about the plane, Claude gets a car and drives to a boat. He follows the plane, and later on, the plane starts to drop packages. Claude collects all six, and then makes his way back to Love Media, all while avoiding the gained attention from the police, to give the packages to Donald.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a boat and follow the plane
- The plane has dropped 1 of 6 packages
- The plane has dropped 2 of 6 packages
- The plane has dropped 3 of 6 packages
- The plane has dropped 4 of 6 packages
- The plane has dropped 5 of 6 packages
- The plane has dropped 6 of 6 packages
- You have all the packages! Take them back to Donald Love
The reward for this mission is $10,000. The missions Grand Theft Aero, Marked Man and Uzi Money are unlocked. The player can now access Shoreside Vale, following the completion of the Shoreside Lift Bridge and the whole of the Porter Tunnel.
- If the player does not pickup the packages in time, then the police will get in their Predator boats (only the police use of a Predator in the entire game) and seize the packages, causing the mission to fail.
- Picking up each of the first five packages will earn the player one star on the wanted level. The player must drive to the Pay 'n' Spray to eliminate the wanted level before delivering the packages.