A Walk in the Park is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Salvatore Leone from the court house in the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni answers the public pay phone outside the court house, and Salvatore informs him to kill the Mayor, Roger Hole, whilst he's on his daily run in Belleville Park. The police and FBI have the park guarded. Toni enters the park unarmed, but then kills the Mayor and takes his cell phone, escaping back to the safehouse in Newport.
In order to complete the missions the player must:
- Kill Mayor R.C. Hole
- Retrieve the mayor's mobile phone
- Take the phone to Salvatore
- If Toni fails to kill Hole in the park, Hole will escape in a vehicle; however, it's still possible to complete the mission by destroying the vehicle with ramming and drive-bys, although causing it to go into the water (a possibility in several locations) will fail the mission.
- Another alternative cited by the BradyGames official strategy guide is to snipe Hole from outside the park, though this requires considerable skill with the sniper rifle and requires Toni to fight his way through waves of gunmen to reach the cell phone and get out again.
- Since Toni automatically equips a gun when driving, the only way to use a vehicle to enter the park without detection is to do so when Toni isn't equipped with a drive-by weapon.
- The scene of a political public figure doing his jogging along with security staff around him in the main park of the city and being shot from afar (if chosen to use a sniper rifle), could be a reference of the 1994 film Léon: The Professional, where Léon is training his protégé, Mathilda, to shoot with a sniper rifle to some public figure in Central Park, New York.