|Appearance(s):|| Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Weapon type:||Assault Rifle|
|Ammunition capacity:||30 rounds (60 w/ Extended Clip)|
|Available from:||Bought from Ammunation|
|Unlocked After:||The Big Score|
The advanced rifle is a bullpup assault rifle, loosely based on the CTAR-21 carbine, a variant of the Israeli TAR-21. It appears to have a loosely modeled handguard of yet another variant of the TAR-21, the IWI X95, and a raised scope mount. In the beta, it was more correctly modeled after the CTAR-21 and had a green finish in comparison to the gray version in the finished game. It comes with a 30-round magazine and has the option to extend to 60 rounds like the other assault rifles in the game.
The Advanced Rifle has the best damage per shot in its class and a slightly higher rate of fire than that of the Assault Rifle and Carbine Rifle but lower than the Combat MG but at the cost of decreased accuracy and lower range, being a tad lower than the Carbine in terms of accuracy and having significantly lower range than that of the Combat MG. Due to its more compact size, however, it has a higher advantage in mobility over both the Assault Rifle and Carbine Rifle and the much heavier and bulkier Combat MG. Another disadvantage is that in GTA V it is unlocked very late in the game (being available after the final heist mission) and can't be used any further in missions apart from the Option C ending.
A Scope attachment can compensate for the lower accuracy while an extended clip can keep the weapon firing for a bit more longer without having to reload a lot due to the high rate of fire.
- Flashlight (provides light when aiming) - $397
- Scope (mid-range zoom, slightly increases accuracy) - $1125
- Supressor (silences but slightly reduces damage and range) - $2030
- Default clip (30 rounds) - Equipped by default
- Rounds (60 rounds) - $36
- Extended clip (60 rounds) - $310
- Black (default) - Equipped by default
- Army Tint (Desert sand) - $100
- LSPD Tint (Metallic Blue) - $600
- In GTA Online, the Advanced Rifle is unlocked at level 70 and can be bought from Ammunation.
- Alternatively, it can be found in some online missions such as Saving Ryan's Privates.
- In an old screenshot released by Game Informer, the Advanced Rifle was more correctly modeled, having the CTAR-21's correct handguard and trigger-guard, and it had a green finish.
- The Advanced Rifle is the only assault rifle in-game that cannot be equipped with a grip.