|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Weapon type:||Assault Rifle|
|Damage:||34 (per shot)|
|Ammunition capacity:||30 rounds (60 w/ Extended Clip)|
|Manufacturer:||Vom Feuer (GTA V)|
|Available from:||Bought from Ammu-Nation|
|Unlocked After:||The Big Score (GTA V)|
Rank 70 (GTA Online)
- "The most lightweight and compact of all assault rifles, without compromising accuracy and rate of fire."
- ―GTA V description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The advanced rifle is a bullpup assault rifle, loosely based on the CTAR-21 carbine, a variant of the Israeli TAR-21. It appears to have a loosely modeled handguard of yet another variant of the TAR-21, the IWI X95, and a raised scope mount. In the beta, it was more correctly modeled after the CTAR-21 and had a green finish in comparison to the gray version in the finished game. It comes with a 30-round magazine and has the option to extend to 60 rounds like the other assault rifles in the game.
The Advanced Rifle has the best damage per shot in its class and a slightly higher rate of fire than that of the Assault Rifle and Carbine Rifle but lower than the Combat MG but at the cost of decreased accuracy and lower range, being a tad lower than the Carbine in terms of accuracy and having significantly lower range than that of the Combat MG. Due to its more compact size, however, it has a higher advantage in mobility over both the Assault Rifle and Carbine Rifle and the much heavier and bulkier Combat MG. Another disadvantage is that in GTA V it is unlocked very late in the game (being available after the final heist mission) and can't be used any further in missions apart from the Option C ending.
A Scope attachment can compensate for the lower accuracy while an extended clip can keep the weapon firing for a bit more longer without having to reload a lot due to the high rate of fire.
- Flashlight (provides light when aiming) - $397
- Scope (mid-range zoom, slightly increases accuracy) - $1125
- Supressor (silences but slightly reduces damage and range) - $2030
- Default clip (30 rounds) - Equipped by default
- Rounds (60 rounds) - $36
- Extended clip (60 rounds) - $310
- Black (default) - Equipped by default
- Army Tint (Desert sand) - $100
- LSPD Tint (Metallic Blue) - $600
- Only at Ammu-Nation after The Big Score.
- In GTA Online, the Advanced Rifle is unlocked at level 70 and can be bought from Ammunation.
- Alternatively, it can be found in some online missions such as Saving Ryan's Privates.
- In an old screenshot released by Game Informer, the Advanced Rifle was more correctly modeled, having the CTAR-21's correct handguard and trigger-guard, and it had a green finish. Also, it has the side holes present on the real TAR-21.
- Probably it was changed because is extremely similar to the said weapon, especially with the green finish.
- The Advanced Rifle is the only assault rifle in-game that cannot be equipped with a grip, obviously because the handguard is very small.
- Oddly, the Advanced Rifle has a rear sight, but no front sight. This would actually make aiming a bit difficult. Probably a developer oversight. However, for the PS4/XB1 game, the weapon features a front sight.
- The Advanced Rifle is used during Three's Company, though it will unlock only at the end of the game storyline.
- If you replay the mission, the rifle will have the same attachments you selected.
- The Advanced Rifle and real life counterpart the IMI CTAR-21 are considered Carbines rather than assault rifles, however it preforms the same muzzle velocity as a full length assault rifle.