|Games:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
|Locations:|| Firefly Projects, Broker|
Northwood, Algonquin (2009 - present)
North Holland, Algonquin (2009 - present)
Varsity Heights, Algonquin (2009 - present)
|Type:||African American Street Gang|
|Fronts:||Native Engines Rapair Shop|
South Bohan Soda Warehouse
African Americans are gangsters based in the Firefly Projects and North Holland neighbourhoods of Liberty City, and in the city of Acter, Alderney, whereas they operate in the South Bohan and Hove Beach neighbourhoods. In 2008, one of its members, Jermaine Andrews, took a ride from Niko Bellic to take some stolen merchandise, though they were ambushed by the LCPD. He also works at the Pay 'n' Spray on Gibson Street in Hove Beach. The gang possibly makes money stealing cars and selling stolen parts. They also have a warehouse in South Bohan for drug trade and do some hijacks in this area. The gang's most favourite radio stations are The Beat 102.7, The Classics 104.1 and The Vibe 98.8. The gang drive around in customised Patriots and Landstalkers.
Members and associates
- Jermaine Andrews - High ranking member.
- Jimmy - Possibly a member. Can be killed.
- Maxwell Caughlin - MOB criminal in South Bohan.
- Roman Bellic - Friend of Jermaine.
- The African Americans share the same pedestrian skins as the North Holland Hustlers. The difference is that the North Holland Hustlers are associated with Playboy X and Dwayne Forge and are only influenced and referenced within missions. Likewise, the North Holland Hustlers focus exclusively on drug-trafficking and only have influence in North Holland as opposed to the African Americans.
- Gang members can be heard saying: "Does the B stand for bullshit or bitches?"
- Around the Firefly Projects wall graffti can be found reading M.O.B.
- They do not appear in any missions in GTA Chinatown Wars, but they still operate and sell drugs in-game
- Despite operating numerous fronts in South Bohan for their drug-trafficking operations, members cannot be found on the streets outside of missions.
- The members of the gang seen in Shadow can be seen walking around districts with African-American presence, as normal pedestrians. Interesting to note is, that the two guys waiting in the house, will never fight you when you punch them on the street. The drug dealer with the red-striped shirt, however, will fight you, and rarely pull out a pistol.
- The members seen in Street Sweeper are actually using pedestrian models which are very light-black skinned, which ones can be found in areas with African-American and/or Dominican/Hispanic/Latina presence.
|Gambetti Family • Pavano Family • Messina Family • Lupisella Family • Ancelotti Family • Pegorino Family • Petrovic Mafiya • Faustin Mafiya • Bulgarin Crime Syndicate • Korean Mob • Jaoming Family • Lee Family • Ming Family • Albanian Mob • Angels of Death • The Lost MC • Uptown Riders • North Holland Hustlers • Hustlers • East Holland Drug Gang • Yardies • McReary Family • Jewish Mob • Spanish Lords • Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers|