The Airtrain (name based on the model file), also known as Aeroplane (name based on the texture file) or Air Train (name based on in-game name) is a passenger airplane that appears in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
The Airtrain is a prop that takes the appearance of a Boeing 727. In GTA III and GTA Vice City, the Airtrain is normally not solid. Simply spawning the Airtrain using trainers or modifications will crash the game. The Airtrain's flight path is determined by the flight1.dat file. In GTA Liberty City Stories it is solid, however, touching it (except the wings) will kill the player and destroy his vehicle. In GTA Vice City Stories it is still solid, but touching it doesn't kill the player. Instead the player will lose health. In contrast to previous games it appeared in, the plane can be entered in GTA Vice City Stories due to a bug. If entered the player doesn't have any control of it, but can change the radio stations. It can also be spawned using a cheat device, although the player cannot control it if it is entered using the aforementioned bug.
The Airtrain is consistently painted white (with different airline logos), except in GTA Vice City Stories, where it is painted white with a red tailfin and blue nose (with a Plummet Airlines logo).
- The Airtrain in GTA San Andreas is revealed to have performance stats similar to drivable vehicles in the game (see vehicle stats in GTA San Andreas), but does not appear in the final build of the game. This suggests the vehicle was originally to be developed into a controllable vehicle, but was dropped during development, with the AT-400 succeeding the Airtrain. It could also simply be a leftover from Vice City since the model's heirarchy remains the same and does not match that of San Andreas's. However, most of the Airtrain's data can be found within game files, including its model, texture, in-game text and the aforementioned handling code.
- In GTA Liberty City Stories, if the player is driving a vehicle toward the Airtrain, and bails out, the vehicle will not explode after crashing into the Airtrain. However, re-entering the vehicle will detonate it, and the player will die or lose a lot of Health.
- In the GTA III beta, the Airtrain was destroyable.
- The name "Airtrain" is a parody of Airbus .
- "Airtrain" could also be a parody of AirTran, a North American low-cost airline.
- It is possible to fly the Airtrain through cheat devices, the vehicle will be named AEROPLANE on the bottom right corner.
- In Vice City Stories,in both PSP and PS2,it can enter the vehicle by using Helicopter or Ambulance,by Ambulance,jump on it's wings,on Helicopter be sure the weather is clear or the Helicopter will be unstable then Airtrain is under the Helicopter and Land on Airtrain then get out of Helicopter and after getting out Helicopter however if you try to steal impatiently,you only get hurt or die and you're on top of the Airtain,Walk on reaching the area after it's wings and Move a little on the plane side and tap the button (triangle button) used to enter inside the vehicle patiently
|title= Navigation |list1=