(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Public Service vehicle|
|Body style||Airport tug|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Related vehicle(s)||Baggage Handler|
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
The Airtug, a low-power tug available only within the tarmacs of Francis International Airport (FIA), appears to be a replacement for the Baggage Handler featured in the 3D Universe, as well as the similarly designed Tug. As usual, the Airtug, being property of the FIA, features FlyUS livery.
Like the Baggage Handler, the Airtug's performance is ranked as one of the poorest in the game. Its weaker engine means that its speed is considerably slow, but makes up for with good acceleration and moderately good cornering due to its low speed, light weight and short wheelbase. The Airtug's compact size may also be used to the advantage of the player as it can squeeze through tight spaces, such as gaps between rocks and staircases. The Airtug may also seat up to two occupants.
The Airtug's open design, however, makes any of its occupants highly vulnerable to gunfire, and is generally unstable for multiplayer gameplay as a result, especially during Deathmatches or Free Mode (unless for fun only). Unlike the Baggage Handler in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, it can no longer be used to tow the luggage carts or towbars in the airport. The Airtug has an incredibly quiet engine, possibly being an electric vehicle.
An easy way to obtain the Airtug without getting a wanted level is to go into the airport using a cop car, which will buy the player enough time to get one and leave without triggering the four stars. Players should enter the barricaded entrance just south of the main terminal, then turn right through another barricaded entrance onto the tarmac proper. Turning left into normal traffic flow and following the marked lines will lead the player to an Airtug without arousing suspicion, and leave the player with enough time to take the Airtug and drive it back out into the public roads.
The Airtug reappears in GTA V in Los Santos International Airport with the exact same design and handling as GTA IV. Despite there being several other airliners in GTA V, the Airtug only appears with a FlyUS livery.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||40 / 64||
1400 / 3086
Mass cannot be observed.
- The default radio stations in the Airtug are:
Grand Theft Auto IV
- Driving an Airtug around the Francis International Airport will cause Airtugs to spawn in the parking lot outside and very rarely spawn in traffic.
- Although bearing no manufacturer names, police radio chatter indicates that the Airtug is manufactured by HVY.
- When Niko Bellic enters and exits the Airtug, he will open and close the "door" of the Airtug, even though there are no doors on the Airtug, possibly due to an animation error.
Grand Theft Auto V
- In GTA V, the Airtug has a siren which sounds like the beeping of all trucks when reversing. Oddly, when turned on, cars near this vehicle will clear the road or stop abruptly, same as with emergency vehicles.
- Due to being configured with sirens, it also suffers the siren glitch (tapping the button repeatedly will mute the sounds). However, this glitch was patched in the 1.17 update.