(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle class (GTA V)||Motorcycles|
|Vehicle type||Civilian motorcycle|
|Capacity||2 (rider and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
- "A Japanese crotch rocket sure to please the ladies."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
The Akuma is mainly based on the Buell XB12S, though it appears to be a streetfighter version of the Double T, sharing a lot of design cues with it; same front and rear ends, same fuel tank, same controls. However, the Akuma features a tubular frame, much like that of a Ducati Streetfighter or Triumph Speed Triple, instead of a solid one.
Although the bike is often said to be stripped down, it features many visual modifications:
• Optional front and rear fenders; the bikes may appear with any of the two, both, or none at all;
• Optional miniature carbon fibre fairing and rear mirrors; and Three seating and exhaust pipe configurations, including:
- A large framed seat with a brake light and twin full-length exhaust pipes mounted underneath;
- A medium framed seat with a brake light and a full-length exhaust pipe mounted on the right side; and
- A flat springer seat with no brake light, and a massive air intake and a short unrestricted exhaust outlet at the engine block.
It features a liquid-cooled inline-4 engine coupled to a 5-speed transmission. This bike features a lightweight construction and has a relativity short wheelbase, making it ideal for city-streets getaways, and a good bike to use in trying to get the achievement/trophy Wheelie Rider.
In GTA IV, the bike may appear with various design alterations :
- Various carbon fiber parts, including exhaust slip-on, front and rear fenders and a windshield.
- Side-mounted single exhaust, or underseat dual ones.
A turbocharged version is also available, sporting a springer back seat replacing the entire rear end and a no-restriction short exhaust system. This variant, however, shares the same performances as the naturally aspired one.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Can be spawned by dialing 625-555-0200 on the phone. Using the cheat code is the fastest way to obtain an Akuma, as they are rarely seen driven around in single player like the Hakuchou.
- Seen driven around in multiplayer.
- Can be bought for $9,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
- Sometimes found driving around Vespucci Beach, especially when driving another motorcycle.
- Rarely found driving around in Vinewood.
- Can be found at the south west side of the Los Santos International Airport.
- The Akuma is the third fastest motorcycle in the HD era games so far, the fastest being the Double-T Drag.
- Akuma (悪魔) is Japanese for "Satan" or "devil".
- Akuma is also the name of a character in the Street Fighter fighting games.
- The Akuma appeared in two GameInformer screenshots, with the same dual oval headlights, frame, split six-spoke wheels and tires, rear fender and underside. The only difference between the Ballad of Gay Tony Rendition and the V rendition is the addition of a rear hugger.
- Sometimes there will be no sound when you start-up the Akuma, turning the engine off and then on again fixes this problem.
- The Akuma can reach speeds of up to 85 mph/138kph.
- Vader, a similar sportsbike in the The Ballad of Gay Tony and GTA V.