|Vehicle type||Civilian motorcycle|
|Capacity||2 (rider and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Related vehicle(s)||Double T|
Double T Custom
The Akuma appears to be a streetfighter version of the Double T, sharing a lot of design cues with it; same front and rear ends, same fuel tank, same controls. However, the Akuma features a tubular frame, much like that of a Ducati Streetfighter, instead of a solid one. The most similar moto is the Triumph Speed Racer.
It features a liquid-cooled inline-4 engine coupled to a 5-speed transmission. This bike features a lightweight construction and has a relativity short wheelbase, making it ideal for city-streets getaways, and a good bike to use in trying to get the achievement/trophy Wheelie Rider.
The bike may appear with various design alterations :
- Various carbon fiber parts, including exhaust slip-on, front and rear fenders and a windshield.
- Side-mounted single exhaust, or underseat dual ones.
A turbocharged version is also available, sporting a springer back seat replacing the entire rear end and a no-restriction short exhaust system. This variant, however, shares the same performances as the naturally aspired one.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Can be spawned by dialing 625-555-0200 on the phone. Using the cheat code is the fastest way to obtain an Akuma, as they are rarely seen driven around in single player like the Hakuchou.
- Seen driven around in multiplayer.
Grand Theft Auto V
- The Akuma is the third fastest motorcycle in the GTA IV series games so far, the fastest being the Double T Custom.
- Akuma is Japanese for "Satan" or "devil". Akuma is also the name of a character in the Street Fighter videogames.
- The Akuma appeared in two GameInformer screenshots, with the the same dual oval headlights, frame, split six-spoke wheels & tyres, rear fender and underside. The only difference between the Ballad of Gay Tony Rendition and the V rendition is the addition of a rear hugger.
- Sometimes there will be no sound when you start-up the Akuma, turning the engine off and then on again fixes this problem.
- Vader, a similar sportsbike in the The Ballad of Gay Tony.