- "Heavily processed food, deep-frozen in huge warehouses, just like mama never used to make it."
- ―GTA IV Manual Description.
Al Dente's is an Italian restaurant chain featured in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. The restaurant has several locations around Liberty City and Los Santos, but the player cannot visit any location. Al Dente's slogan is "All the mamma mia you can eat" and serves "authentic" (heavily processed and deep-frozen) Italian cuisine the American way with large portions that are "tasteless and unhealthy". The restaurant is likely a spoof of the Olive Garden, as both companies use a green colored cursive script and a symbolism of Italian cuisine in their logos. It could also be a spoof of Al Fresco's as both companys are Italian and share a similar name. According to a GTA IV radio commercial, Al Dente's restaurants are conveniently located near strip malls, much like any real-life casual dining chain.
Al Dente's is one of only a handful of businesses advertised on the radio that appears in-game in Liberty City. Its chain of restaurants is predominantly dotted within Algonquin, with the Al Dente's signage, represented by a fork and pasta, present on each restaurant.
- Burlesque and Hematite Street, Triangle Building, The Triangle, Algonquin
- Frankfort Ave and Iron Street, The Triangle, Algonquin
- Columbus Ave and Amethyst Street, The Exchange, Algonquin
- Albany Ave and Calcium Street, The Exchange, Algonquin (highlighted in the Grand Theft Auto IV manual)
- Tudor Street and Saratoga Avenue, The Big Willis Mall, Willis, Dukes
- Hawick Avenue, Burton
- Prosperity Street Promenade, Del Perro
- Magellan Avenue & Sandcastle Way, Vespucci Beach
- Aguja Street & Magellan Avenue, Vespucci Canals
- The term "al dente" refers to pasta cooked so as to be firm but not hard.
- L.C.H.C DJ Jimmy Gestapo rants about how Al Dente's made him puke on his guitar player's foot and goes on to say "Why do we fuck up other country's foods?"