|Tagline(s):||"All the mama mia you can eat."|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
Grand Theft Auto V
- "Heavily processed food, deep-frozen in huge warehouses, just like mama never used to make it."
- ―GTA IV Manual Description.
The restaurant has several locations around Liberty City and Los Santos, but the player cannot visit any location. Al Dente's serves "authentic" (heavily processed and deep-frozen) Italian cuisine the American way, with is large portions that are "tasteless and unhealthy".
The restaurant is likely a spoof of the Olive Garden, as both companies use a green colored cursive script and a symbolism of Italian cuisine in their logos. It could also be a spoof of Al Fresco's as both companys are Italian and share a similar name. According to a GTA IV radio commercial, Al Dente's restaurants are conveniently located near strip malls, much like any real-life casual dining chain.
Al Dente's is one of only a handful of businesses advertised on the radio that appears in-game in Liberty City. Its chain of restaurants is predominantly dotted within Algonquin, with the Al Dente's signage, represented by a fork and pasta, present on each restaurant.
- Burlesque and Hematite Street, Triangle Building, The Triangle, Algonquin
- Frankfort Ave and Iron Street, The Triangle, Algonquin
- Columbus Ave and Amethyst Street, The Exchange, Algonquin
- Albany Ave and Calcium Street, The Exchange, Algonquin (highlighted in the Grand Theft Auto IV manual)
- Tudor Street and Saratoga Avenue, The Big Willis Mall, Willis, Dukes
- The term "al dente" refers to pasta cooked so as to be firm but not hard.
- L.C.H.C DJ Jimmy Gestapo rants about how Al Dente's made him puke on his guitar player's foot and goes on to say "Why do we fuck up other country's foods?"