The Alderney Safehouse's exterior, as seen in Grand Theft Auto IV.
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
|House Style:||Low-end apartment|
|Garage/Parking space Capacity:||Two cars or three motorcycles|
|Unlocked After:||A Long Way to Fall|
Getting the safehouse
The safehouse is given by Pegorino Family capo Ray Boccino. After completing sufficient work for him, Ray decides Niko should reside in Pegorino territory, which is Alderney. You also need to complete one mission in Alderney to unlock the safehouse. Ray tells Niko that Roman will be fine by his own.
Similar to the first two safehouses in the game, the safehouse is very basic but worn down. It's better than the first two safehouses, but not great. It has a post-bed, a working TV (the smallest in the game), a grease splattered kitchen, and a ruined sofa. Like most safehouses, there is no computer. For these reasons, the safehouse is not comparable to the preceding safehouses that the player may acquire in Algonquin: the Middle Park East Safehouse and Playboy X's Penthouse. A handful of items can be found in the safehouse, such as stacks of newspapers and phone books. Similar to all the other safehouses in the game this safehouse has the yellow residents space outside, however its location will often cause civilian drivers to push the cars out of the space.
- Like the three other safehouses (all except for the Middle Park East Safehouse), there is a very strong gang presence of the Korean Mob and the Spanish Lords, very similar to the Russian Mafia presence in Hove Beach by the Broker Safehouse.
- This is one of two safehouses that are located on a street running east-west as opposed to north-south, the other being Playboy X's Penthouse.
- This is one of the two (if you own Playboy X's pent loft) safehouses that are not shared with Roman.
- K109 can be heard playing in the safehouse.
- The safehouse is acquired by completing Ray Boccino's first mission ("A Long Way to Fall") and Derrick McReary's first mission ("Smackdown"). If the player completes "Pest Control" before "Smackdown", Ray cannot text Niko about the new safehouse since he is dead. Instead, the safehouse will appear on the map with no explanation along with Derrick's next mission.