The Algonquin Bridge is a major river bridge crossing in Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto IV. It is based on the Manhattan Bridge suspension bridge in New York City, with noticeable omissions of the arches between the two halves of each tower on the bridge. Its location more closely approximates the Queensboro (59th Street) Bridge but still contains geographical similarities to both the Manhattan Bridge and the Williamsburg Bridge, both located in Brooklyn.
The Algonquin Bridge crosses the Humboldt River between Downtown Broker and Lancet, Algonquin. It passes over Colony Island and the Algonquin end of the Bridge is directly next to the CC Building. The Colony Island tramway runs directly to the south of the bridge, terminating on Colony Island. The bridge is north of the Broker Bridge and south of Charge Island and the East Borough Bridge.
The Algonquin Bridge carries four lanes of heavy traffic on two sections of road, the northern-most road carrying traffic to Algonquin, the southern-most road carrying traffic from Algonquin. The Algonquin Bridge connects to Kunzite Street on the Algonquin side, and onto the Algonquin - Dukes Expressway on the Broker side of the river. Beneath these two roadways of traffic are four subway tracks, the 3/8 Broker Line which connects to the A/J Algonquin Outer Line. There are also three pedestrian walkways, two side walkways on the north and south edges of the bridge and a central walkway in the middle.
Due to hardware limitations, the GTA Chinatown renditions restricts the bridge's traffic to road vehicles only.
- While the GTA IV rendition of the bridge features only two suspension towers, the GTA Chinatown Wars features four.
- Cars somehow tend to "evade" oncoming trains from below by swerving to other lanes. Notably the ones going towards Algonquin near the suspension tower closest to Algonquin.
- Found on the bridge, (on the side which traffic will be traveling towards Broker), is a Flying Rat which is on the right side of the lane near the entrance to Broker.
- There is a Carbine Rifle in the entrance to the Alqonquin recessed walkway. As this weapon could be unlocked later in the game, this could be used as a good advantage.
- BOABO, its name referencing its proximity to the Algonquin Bridge.