Alloy Wheels of Steel
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|For:||Big Mitch Baker|
|Location:||Downtown, Vice City|
|Target:||Winning the race|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Player's death|
Losing the race
|Unlocks:||Messing with the Man|
|Unlocked by:||Love Juice|
- "All right, fancy clothes. Let's see what you can do."
Tommy has started helping the band Love Fist organize their concert but manager Kent Paul is looking for a security and he suggests Tommy to meet the local Biker gang's leader at The Greasy Chopper. Tommy goes to the bar looking for Mitch Baker and after asking whether he's interested, Tommy is made fun of by Mitch who is playing pool and is questioned whether he can handle a bike before going any further with the alliance he's looking for. Mitch sends two of his bikers, Cougar and Zeppelin to race Tommy in an Angel race. Tommy manages to win the race and thus proves himself worthy handling a bike and being part of the gang.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a Freeway or an Angel and get to the starting grid
- Win the bike race
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Flash FM.
- The name of the mission may be a reference to the Saxon song Wheels of Steel released in 1980. Coincidentally, the same song appears in The Lost and Damned on Liberty Rock Radio.
- Instead of finding a bike of their own, the player can steal one from one of the bikers waiting at the starting line. Their bikes are "super" Angels, with better speed and handling than a standard Angel.
- Two of the bikers in this mission are named Zeppelin and Cougar; possibly references to the bands Led Zeppelin and Def Leppard.
|iPad 2 Version|