Amanda De Santa
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Full name:||Amanda De Santa|
|Also known as:||Mand|
|Date of birth:||1970|
|Place of birth:||North Yankton|
|Home:||Portola Drive, Rockford Hills, Los Santos|
|Family:||Michael De Santa (Husband)|
Jimmy De Santa (Son)
Tracey De Santa (Daughter)
|Main affiliation:||Kyle Chavis (Formerly)|
Fabien LaRouche (Formerly)
|Voiced by:||Vicki Van Tassel|
- "We're not perfect, Michael. But at least we're both trying. It'll take some time, but we'll be okay."
- — Amanda De Santa
Amanda was working as a stripper when she first met Michael Townley. Her history before that is unknown. The relationship between Amanda and Michael has become very sour over the last decade and they barely tolerate each other. Michael spends his time drinking, moping, and losing his temper at her. She spends his money freely on expensive clothing, jewelry, and plastic surgery, while verbally abusing him. They have two children together, Jimmy and Tracey.
Events of GTA V
At the beginning of the game, Amanda is already cheating on Michael with her tennis instructor, Kyle Chavis. She periodically screams at Michael over his temperamental explosions and constant drinking, leading to a very unstable relationship between them.
- "You are ALONE, you pathetic psychopath!"
- — Amanda, before leaving Michael.
During one of their fights, popular yogi Fabien LaRouche arrives for his session with Amanda. Michael joins them which pleases Amanda, until Fabien attempts to put her into an inappropriate yoga position. This causes Michael to lash out and attempt to punch him, but misses and falls in the pool. Amanda then leaves him, takes the children and moves in with Fabien.
- "Hey dad, I miss you. Can you believe it? Anyway, Fabien turned out to be a real dick."
- — Tracey, in a text to Michael.
While his family is gone, Michael becomes increasingly depressed. Eventually, their daughter Tracey starts to communicate with him again. Amanda also calls Franklin once to ask about Michael, showing that she actually still cares for him.
- "I mean all this mesmerizing, tantric sex she's been having with a much younger, better built, caring and compassionate man is great and all, but what's she supposed to do for the other six hours of the day?"
- — Jimmy, riling Michael up
After a few weeks, Jimmy finally visits the house to check up on Michael. He claims that Amanda is not happy with Fabien any longer, and that she is at a Bean Machine café with him. The two then leave to go pick up Tracey, and later show up at Bean Machine. Fabien is shown verbally abusing Amanda, and the two are then surprised to see Michael. Fabien then insults both Michael and Jimmy and Amanda turns on him, calmly asking Michael to hit him. Michael then grabs a laptop and bashes it over Fabien's head, nearly knocking him out. Satisfied, Amanda tells Michael to take himself and the children to Dr. Friedlander's therapy office, then drives off to take Fabien to the E.R.
- "How would YOU know what progress is like, you stupid, murdering shit?!"
- — Amanda during the therapy session
During the therapy session, the couple vent and argue at each other, but by the end they are both satisfied by the release of anger. They both promise to try and make each other happy and no longer cheat on each other, and Amanda and the children move back in. The two are no longer seen fighting, and Michael can be found spending time with his family instead of ignoring them, such as watching movies or relaxing outside together. If spoken to, Amanda will no longer complain to Michael, but express happiness that they are both trying to resolve their issues.
- GTA V
- Marriage Counseling
- The Good Husband (Mission giver; optional)
- Mr. Philips
- Fame or Shame
- Did Somebody Say Yoga?
- Minor Turbulence (Post-mission phone-call)
- Reuniting the Family
- The Time's Come (Post-mission message)
- Amanda holds the position of being the first and only wife to the protagonist in the GTA series.
- The number plate for Amanda's Sentinel is 'KRYST4L'. 'KRYST4L' is a leet-speak of 'crystal'.
- Amanda's favourite radio station is Space 103.2.
- While switching back to Michael, there is a chance he'll walk in on Amanda in their bedroom while she's masturbating; she'll throw away a dildo, say that she thought the door was locked, and go to sleep.
- If the player chooses "The Time's Come" and kills Michael, Amanda mourns his death and will figure out that Franklin had a part in his death and message him, telling him she hopes he'll "rot in hell" and warning him to stay away from her and her children.
- On the website "Hushsmush.com", the player has the possibility of running into a page that very clearly indicates that it is her, even though it is never explicitly said. In her description, she indicates that she "has the mind and body of a girl half [her] age" (She is 43, according to her info), but her husband ignores her and he spends his time drinking in the pool, and is looking for someone to satisfy her in her "prime". It also mentions that she loves yoga.
- Her phone number is 346-555-0118.
- Amanda is the only female character in GTA V that the player can choose to hang out with.
- Trevor and Amanda's dialogue, when playing Tennis at the mansion indicates they might have been friends, before Michael's "death".
|Michael De Santa | Trevor Philips | Franklin Clinton|
Lester Crest | Lamar Davis | Dave Norton | Steve Haines | Devin Weston | Brad Snider
Amanda De Santa | Jimmy De Santa | Tracey De Santa | Martin Madrazo | Ron Jakowski | Wade Hebert | Solomon Richards | Molly Schultz | Harold "Stretch" Joseph | Wei Cheng | Gerald (GTA Online only)
Simeon Yetarian | Fabien LaRouche | Isiah Friedlander | Denise Clinton | Tao Cheng | Floyd Hebert | Andreas Sanchez | Elwood O'Neil | Rocco Pelosi | Patricia Madrazo | Chop | Lazlow Jones
Johnny Klebitz | Ashley Butler | Terry Thorpe | Clay Simons | United Liberty Paper Contact | Karen | Patrick McReary