Amanda De Santa
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Full name:||Amanda De Santa|
|Also known as:||Mand|
|Date of birth:||1970|
|Home:||Portola Drive, Rockford Hills, Los Santos|
|Family:||Michael De Santa (Husband)|
Jimmy De Santa (Son)
Tracey De Santa (Daughter)
|Main affiliation:||Kyle Chavis (Formerly)|
Fabien LaRouche (Formerly)
|Voiced by:||Vicki Van Tassel|
- "We're not perfect, Michael. But at least we're both trying. It'll take some time, but we'll be okay."
- ― Amanda De Santa
Amanda was working as a stripper and possibly a prostitute (according to Trevor and as implied by her son) when she first met Michael Townley. Her history before that is unknown minus that when Michael first met her she was living in a trailer park in the Midwest. The relationship between Amanda and Michael has become very sour over the last decade and they barely tolerate each other. Michael spends his time drinking, moping, and losing his temper at her. She spends his money freely on expensive clothing, jewelry, and plastic surgery, while verbally abusing him. They have two children together, Jimmy and Tracey.
In Friends Reunited, Trevor comments that Michael bought breasts implants for Amanda and made money using her as a prostitute.
Events of GTA V
Amanda is first seen in the Prologue mission attending Michael's funeral.
- "Just don't kill him!"
- ―Amanda after Michael goes after Kyle.
She later appears in the mission Complications, while Franklin is invading Michael's House to retrive Jimmy's BeeJay XL. She is in the kitchen with her tennis coach Kyle Chavis, and Kyle is "demonstrating" to Amanda how to properly use a tennis racket. This gives a hint that Amanda is cheating on Michael with her tennis coach.
This is later confirmed when Michael catches them having sex in his own bed. Kyle, in panic, jumps out the window to escape, but Michael is determined to catch him. He and Franklin chase the tennis coach while Amanda begs Michael to not kill Kyle.
She then appears in her own mission, when she is almost put in jail, after being caught shoplifting from Didier Sachs in Rockford Plaza. Michael needs to rescue her after she calls asking for his help, he takes the police car, with Amanda being restrained and flees from the police. While they are going back to the mansion, they discuss about Amanda's habit of stealing things, Michael's past criminal life and even Michael's investments in the stock market and their house mortgage.
Amanda makes a brief appearance in the mission Mr. Philips if the player starts the mission as Michael. He invites Amanda to go dinner, but she says that she already have to go to a yoga class.
She later appears in the beginning of the mission Fame or Shame, having an discussion about Michael's emotional distance from the family and his change in behavior, when Trevor Philips appears leaving everyone shocked. He and Michael leaves after they discover that Tracey is about to do a audition in the Fame or Shame show and go after her.
- "You are ALONE, you pathetic psychopath!"
- ―Amanda, before leaving Michael.
During the mission Did Somebody Say Yoga?, Michael and Amanda are having another argument, this time about Trevor's return, when Amanda's yoga coach, Fabien LaRouche, arrives and invite both of them to a yoga session to relax. Surprisingly, Michael agrees to try a class, much to Amanda's frustration, which appears to be his main reasoning. The session is going well, until Fabien attempts to put Amanda into an inappropriate yoga position. This causes Michael to lash out and attempt to punch Fabien, but he misses and falls in the pool. Amanda gets angry with Michael's constant angry behavior and leaves him, takes the children and moves in with Fabien.
While Amanda is gone, she tries to make Michael jealous, by leaving posts on his Lifeinvader page, saying that Fabien satisfies her physically, emotionally and spiritually. However, after some time, she will show that she still worries about her husband. She will call Franklin after the mission Minor Turbulence, asking if Michael is still alive and leave a message in his Lifeinvader page saying to him let her know that he is ok.
- "Listen, Michael, I'm so glad we're back together and making a go of things. After everything we've been through, I just couldn't give up on our family. Yes, you're awful and clearly you're never going to change, but I guess I want to bury you, when the time comes, as your wife."
- ―Amanda, in an e-mail send to Michael after the mission Reuniting the Family.
After a few weeks, Jimmy finally visits the house to see Michael. He claims that Amanda is not happy with Fabien any longer, and that she is at a Bean Machine café with him. The two then leave and show up at Bean Machine. Fabien is shown verbally abusing Amanda, and the two are then surprised to see Michael. Fabien then insults both Michael and Jimmy but Amanda turns on him, calmly asking Michael to hit him. Michael then grabs a laptop and bashes it over Fabien's head, nearly knocking him out. Satisfied, Amanda tells Michael to take himself and the children to Dr. Friedlander's therapy office, then drives off to abandon Fabien. During the therapy session, the couple vent and argue at each other, but by the end they are both satisfied by the release of anger. They both promise to try and make each other happy and no longer cheat on each other, and Amanda and the children move back in.
Soon after, she and Tracey are held hostage by Merryweather, under orders of Devin Weston. Michael kills all the Merryweather soldiers and saves his family, but Amanda, Jimmy and Tracey once again leave the mansion, this time to lay low while Devin is still trying to kill Michael.
- "We're stuck with each other. And that's as close to a "I love you" as I've been in very long time."
- ―Amanda about the future of her relationship with Michael.
After the final mission, Amanda and Michael will no longer be seen fighting and if Michael speaks with Amanda, she will no longer complain or be sarcastic with him, being now more friendly. She can also be taken on friend activities with her husband, and they both will be more tolerant with each other while hanging out. During their first friend outing after the ending, Amanda and Michael promise to be faithful to each other. When Michael returns to his house for the first time after the ending, he may find Amanda and her children sitting on the couch, contentedly watching TV together.
Amanda will no longer appear in the game if the player chooses this ending, but she will send an e-mail to Franklin, saying that she knows that he has something to do with Michael's death and also warning him to never come close to her family again.
- GTA V
- Marriage Counseling
- The Good Husband (Boss; optional)
- Mr. Philips
- Fame or Shame
- Did Somebody Say Yoga?
- Minor Turbulence (Post-mission phone-call)
- Reuniting the Family
- The Time's Come (Post-mission e-mail)
- Amanda holds the position of being the first and only wife to the protagonist in the GTA series.
- The number plate for Amanda's Sentinel is 'KRYST4L'. 'KRYST4L' is a leet-speak of 'crystal'.
- While switching back to Michael, there is a chance he'll walk in on Amanda in their bedroom while she's masturbating; she'll throw away a dildo, saying she thought the door was locked, and goes to sleep.
- Amanda's favorite radio station is most likely Space 103.2, as it is the default radio station of her Sentinel.
- Despite the fact that she uses Michael's affairs as ammunition in her arguments with him, she herself has affairs with Fabien LaRouche, Kyle Chavis, Jimmy's third grade teacher, a juice seller, a dog walker, their gardener Carlos, a rubbish collector, Michael's proctologist, a Jesus Christ impersonator, and a homeless, doomsaying hippy. She refers to all of these liasons quite casually in the mission Reuniting the Family.
- On the website "Hushsmush.com", the player has the possibility of running into a page with a user dubbed foxymama21 that very clearly indicates that it is her, even though it is never explicitly said. In her description, she indicates that she "has the mind and body of a girl half [her] age" (She is 43, according to her info), but her husband ignores her and he spends his time drinking in the pool, and is looking for someone to satisfy her in her "prime". It also mentions that she loves yoga.
- Her phone number is 346-555-0118.
- According to Amanda in the mission The Good Husband, she has a habit of stealing things, which could mean that she is a kleptomaniac.
- Amanda appears to have a drinking problem.
- If the player chooses "The Time's Come" and kills Michael, Amanda mourns his death and will figure out that Franklin had a part in his death and message him, telling him she hopes he'll "rot in hell" and warning him to stay away from her and her children.
- After Michael hangs out with Jimmy for the first time, it's possible to call Amanda, she will ask Michael what the deal with Franklin is and Michael will respond that he is just a "personal assistant".
- Trevor and Amanda's dialogue, when playing Tennis at the mansion indicates they might have been friends, before Michael's "death".
- There is a glitch where she, Tracey De Santa, Eva and Carlos will randomly clone themselves within Michael's mansion. Some random Pedestrians can also appear cloning in his mansion as well. The cause of this glitch is unknown.
- When playing as Franklin and/or Trevor and the player injures Michael; or if playing as Michael followed by getting knocked out by either Franklin and/or Trevor for stalking. Amanda will sometimes text either of the two on Michael's behalf in an infuriated manner.
- During friend activities, Amanda tells Michael that she wants to get a job. When Michael jokes about stripping being a business of the young, Amanda reveals that she wants to teach yoga and tennis to the homeless.
- Even after Amanda and Michael reconcile their relationship, upon completing a friend activity together he'll still simply drop her off at some random location as with any friend. Given they're married, the option for "coffee" is not available, this happens when the player chooses Michael, he will be with Amanda on the bed.
- Like other friend combinations, it's possible for Amanda and Michael to get drunk together, leading to unique dialogue between them until it wears off.
- When taken to a bar if asked to hang out, Amanda's makeup will be smudged and running on exit.