In Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online, Shooting Ranges are activities or hobbies you can do that are located in a few Ammu-Nations in San Andreas. With a Shooting Range you can level up your shooting skills or train with various Weapons through different challenges. This can also serve as a quick and easy way to build your shooting skills. The entry cost is $14.
Interestingly, the NPCs practicing at the range look and speak Korean.
- Firearms warning: It is a criminal offense to leave a loaded firearm within easy access of a child. If a child gains access to and improperly uses the firearm you may face prosecution.
- No food or drink in the range
- Ear and eye protection must be worn in the range
- Stop: Make firearm safe, deposit brass in bucket, do not leave firearm unattended, clean your point and remove targets
- Warning: The discharge or cleaning of firearms and the handling of ammunition in poorly ventilated areas may result in exposure to lead, a substance known to cause birth defects and other serious physical harm. Ensure you have adequate ventillation at all times and wash hands after exposure.
- Never point a loaded or unloaded firearm at anyone on these premises. If you do we shall point our firearms at you, and believe us, ours are loaded.
- No steel, brass or semi jacketed, exposed lead, soft or hollow point aummunition allowed in the range. Full metal jacket only.
- Reloaders, brass keepers. Brass stealers be warned. Do not pick up any of the brass from our floors. there is nothing to discuss. go elsewhere.
The Shooting Ranges in GTA V have different challenges for every kind of weapon: Hand Guns, Sub-Machine Guns, Shotguns, Assault Rifles, Light Machine Guns, Rifles and Heavy Weapons. As with any other kind of Hobby the challenges have Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals that are awarded when completing a Challenge.
|Multiple static targets. Targets exit after one hit.||2800||2000||1400|
|Multiple moving targets. Targets exit automatically.||20000||10000||2000|
|One moving target. Targets exit automatically.||15000||3000||650|
|Multiple static targets with the ability to flip. Targets exit automatically.||12000||6000||4000|
|Single line of moving and flipping targets. Targets exit automatically.||7500||2500||1250|
|Multiple moving targets with height variation. Targets exit automatically.||10000||5000||3000|
|Assault Rifles||Assault Rifle|
|Multiple static targets. Targets exit after three hits.||7550||3550||2500|
|Single column of moving and flipping targets. Targets exit automatically.||17500||7500||4750|
|Moving targets of varying height and speed. Targets exit after three hits.||5000||3000||1000|
|Shotguns||Pump Action Shotgun|
|Static targets, each exits after one hit. Hit as many as possible.||46||32||22|
|Moving and static targets. Shoot closer targets to maximize score.||700||590||290|
|Moving targets, exits after one hit. Use spread to maximize score.||23||18||14|
|Light Machine Gun||MG|
|Targets take multiple hits to exit. Targets move and respawns.||7500||5500||4500|
|A row of distant targets that flip individually and exit automatically.||40000||12000||5500|
|Targets take multiple hits to exit. More targets spawn continually.||32000||19000||7500|
|Heavy||Minigun||One row of targets that respawn. Continuous hits increase your multiplier.||50000||25000||10000|
|Targets that exit after multiple hits. Continuous hits increase your multiplier.||45000||30000||15000|
|Infinite respawning targets. Exit after multiple hits. Continuous hits increase your multiplier.||70000||40000||20000|
|Bonus||Rail Gun||Stationary and moving targets. Destroy as many as possible with each shoot.||24||22||20|
|Multiple moving targets. Destroy as many as possible with each shoot.||24||20||16|
|Multiple moving targets of varying height and speed. Destroy as many as possible with each shoot.||32||26||20|
|Multiple quick moving targets of varying heights. Destroy as many as possible with each shoot.||35||31||26|
After completion of all challenges for each weapon catagory, the following discounts are unlocked at Ammu-Nation:
- At least all Bronze Medals awarded - All items discounted 10%
- At least all Silver Medals awarded - All items discounted 15%
- At least all Gold Medals awarded - All items discounted 25%