|Vehicle type||Civilian fixed-wing aircraft|
|Body style||Large and wide freighter plane|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
|Related vehicle(s)||Cargo Plane|
The Andromada is a large 4-engine transport aircraft. Its front fuselage and nose are heavily based on the Lockheed C-141 Starlifter, while the engines, empennage and wings are based on those of the Lockheed C-5 Galaxy. Its name is a misspelling of "Andromeda", a Greek deity, a galaxy and constellation (a reference to one of the aircraft that inspired the Andromada, the C-5 "Galaxy"). It can be noted that the Andromada is much smaller than its real-life counterparts, even being unrealistically smaller than the AT-400. If the Andromada is obtained, the player can fly it as if it were a normal plane, with controls and handling similar to the AT-400. The plane can support a combination of two body colors: one for the fuselage, and the other for the wings, engines, vertical stabilizer and elevators.
The plane's rear cargo door can be also opened and closed, but nothing can be stored in the plane itself; neither can the player enter the rear is impossible due to an invisible wall. There are, however, mods  available to create a fully functional cargo area. When using the CLEO mods for standard vehicle spawners, there is no door you enter to get into the Andromada, only a passage which still shows the exterior of the Andromada.
The interior of the Andromada is seen in the mission "Stowaway", however, like the interior of the Shamal in Freefall, this interior is not part of the plane model. It is in the "interior universe" (where all game interiors in San Andreas are situated), high above the sky, with clouds moving outside to simulate the plane itself moving. Parts of the exterior of the plane are visible when standing at the edge of the ramp. The interior is only enterable via that mission, cheats, or a trainer. Within the interior are two cargo areas walled off by netting, followed by cargo boxes, then shelves stocked with barrels.
The aircraft itself is not meant to be obtained, and due to that it is poorly textured (the cockpit window being black and opaque), does not feature any entering animation (CJ will simply go through the fuselage when entered), and features a few graphical glitches such as a lack of shadow, and also strange sounds when walking onto it.
The plane is featured in the mission "Stowaway", where Carl Johnson drives a PCJ-600 into the back of the plane, blows it up, and then parachutes out. It is also seen briefly in the mission "A Home In The Hills" as CJ is on his way to Madd Dogg's mansion; there is a shot of the Andromada flying over the The Camel's Toe Casino out of Las Venturas, heading south to Los Santos. Like the AT-400, Andromadas are seen flying over cities, however they fly much faster and higher than AT-400s, and therefore are impossible to hijack.
It is possible to steal it during "Stowaway" with a trick that involves blowing up the plane and pushing it into the hangar using the Rhino cheat, however it is difficult to exploit as the plane may disappear while being pushed in the hangar, and pushing it into the hangar may be very difficult due to the aircraft's large size . Otherwise, the Andromada can also be obtained by way of a third-party trainer program, or ID swapping in vehicles.ide in the game's files (the best option being swapping it with the Shamal, as it spawns in all three airports).
The Andromada features a performance very similar to the AT-400. It is slower and heavier, however it can still reach high speeds as it is powered by four engines. The Andromada can also reach the sky top limit, and is tougher than other aircraft.
There is a way to enter the Andromada cockpit during the mission Stowaway. It involves using the "blow up all cars" cheat before CJ hops on the motorcycle. The plane will not blow up, and will be frozen in place, however the mission cannot progress. The plane is then enterable, but it cannot be controlled or even exited. Another way is that when your bike blows up, kill all of the enemies, and blow up the Andromada. Then, use the "Spawn a Rhino" cheat (see Cheats in GTA San Andreas), and use the Rhino to push the destroyed Andromada into your hangar, then kill yourself. Go back to your hangar, and you'll see that it is flyable.
When you attempt to blow up the plane during the mission stowaway , in some occasion the plane will sink through the ground & the mission cannot progress
- A handling line for the Andromada can be found in Grand Theft Auto IV's game files, suggesting that it (or a plane of the same name) was at some point going to feature in GTA IV.
- The Andromada is strange in that walking across its wings sounds the same as walking on grass and also that the plane has no shadow. In the PS2 version, it has a shadow.
- It is possible (though rare) for the Andromada to appear in the impound lot, though it is more than likely to explode when approached, this is even possible on console versions of the game.
- The Andromada can be spawned with 3rd party trainers, with a fully functional cargo door.
- The Andromada strangely only has 2 colors in 1 combination, silver and a black dot on the nose, and the color of the Andromada can be changed with 3rd party trainers like orange, red, and many other colors.
- The Andromada plays Radio X by default when entered, unlike most aircraft which play K-DST.
- Strangely, the Andromada has a very small landing gear assembly. The airplane features one four-wheel bogie assembly at the nose, but it only features two wheel assemblies at the rear (each one placed on both sides of the aircraft, underneath the wings). Although seemingly plausible, this arrangement would not be able to carry the weight of the Andromada, and would most likely break in real life.
- The name Andromada is probably derived from the Andromeda Galaxy. The planes it is based off, the C-141 "Starlifter" and the C-5 "Galaxy", also have names that are related to space.
- Sometimes, the Andromada is seen flying very high in the sky, though rarely. Even if it is shot with a minigun (which has significant range) the plane won't explode and will most likely fly away before the player can shoot it. The plane flies very fast, so even if you lock on to it, the missile won't reach it.
- Using flying mods such as Superman mods, the player can catch up to the Andromada flying high in the sky; also, if the player with the flying mod can shoot explosives they can also bring the plane down that way. Without mods or cheats, it is nearly impossible for a regular Andromada to crash on its own, as weapons will be out of range and the plane flies so high, it wouldn't be able to crash, even at high points like Mount Chiliad.
- The plane's incompleteness may suggest the fact that Rockstar wanted this to be a fully-functional plane, but either didn't have time to finish it, or simply scrapped the idea. However, its appearance in the mission Stowaway could also suggest that the aircraft was actually meant to only appear in the mission and not anywhere else.
- The Verdant Meadows airstrip is littered with many airplane wrecks. Some of these plane parts seem to very closely resemble the look of the Andromada but without the recognizable black spot on the nose and having a different horizontal stabilizer design at the rear of the fuselage.
- The interior seen during Stowaway is actually bigger than the plane itself. The Andromada's cargo bay, if created using mods, is enough large just to store a bike. The aircraft itself is very small, a more realistic Andromada would have been bigger than the AT-400.
- The Andromada has an extra engine sound than can be clearly heard from the ground when it is flying high in the sky or when flying one with the camera as far as possible from the aircraft. Also applies to the AT-400.
- When viewed from below, the stabilizers will disappear.
- If the player triggers the "open door animation" using a handling editor tool, when entering the plane, CJ will "remotely" open the visible door on the left side (despite it is out of his hand range). It can be then seen that the aircraft has no interior and has a all-black interior. CJ will then go through it, close the door and will be able to pilot it.