Angels of Death MC
The Angels of Death patch
|Games:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Beechwood City, Broker
North Holland, Algonquin
|Type:||Outlaw Motorcycle Club|
|Enemies:||The Lost MC|
Pump Action Shotgun
|Fronts:||Angels of Death Clubhouse|
Auto Repair Shops
Bert Reker (Possibly)
Lester Leroc (undercover)
The Angels of Death Motorcycle Club is a gang featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and as one of the two main antagonist gangs in The Lost and Damned.
The Angels of Death MC is an outlaw motorcycle club operating in Algonquin, where they frequently hang out at their clubhouse located in North Holland, Liberty City. They received Heroin from the Triads and deal Cocaine with the Spanish Lords. Like the case of the Albanian Mafia and the Ancelottis, the AOD act as extra muscle for the Triads. Unlike The Lost MC, who in 2008 only have chapters in Liberty City and Alderney, the Angels of Death have numerous chapters including ones in the UK, Europe, Scandinavia, Canada, San Fierro and Australia as well as one in nearly every state of America, although by 2013 their rivals pose a much bigger threat, expanding on both the east and west coasts and throughout the Midwest, including chapters in Los Santos and Blaine County. The Angels of Death also have a themepark in Florida and sell branded merchandise such as bed linen, books, party sets, diapers and even dildos.
According to their official in-game website, angelsofdeathonline.com, the Angels of Death started in San Andreas in 1949 as a small club for people unsatisfied with a non-segregated society. Lester Arnold is the leader of the Angels of Death and was born in San Fierro, along with Road Captain Joe Jon Johnson.
In The Lost and Damned, Angels of Death members do not spawn in Beechwood City or BOABO anymore, they only spawn around their clubhouse in North Holland. In The Lost and Damned, the player can enter The Angels of Death clubhouse during multiplayer.
In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Hsin labels the Angels of Death as one potential suspect for the sabotage of the Triads. He hires Lester to team up with Huang to investigate. Lester attempts to gain access into the gang in order to obtain intel, however the drugs and biking as part of the admission test is overwhelming for him, thus Huang assists by taking over on the biking stunts, attacking The Lost Brotherhood members and obtaining drugs. However, after having sex with Meredith, The Angels of Death leader's girlfriend, Lester learns that the gang is innocent in regard to the Triads' sabotage.
- Lester Arnold - Liberty City chapter President
- Joseph Johnson - Road Captain
- Albert Lawson - Lieutenant
- Unnamed lieutenant †
- Lester Leroc - Prospect (undercover)
- GTA IV
- Clean and Serene
- Angels in America
- It's War
- Liberty City Choppers
- Hit the Pipe
- Heavy Toll
- GTA CTW
This is a list of the areas where the Angels of Death appear throughout Liberty City.
- Beechwood City, Liberty City
- BOABO, Liberty City
- North Holland, Liberty City
- Northwood, Liberty City
- Boulevard, Liberty City
- Skyway Diner, Tudor, Alderney
Weapons of Choice
GTA IV and The Ballad of Gay Tony
They act and behave like civilians, only armed and aggressive.
The Lost and Damned
Full on gang members, arch enemies, will have more weaponry.
- Automatic Pistol
- Micro SMG
- Sawn-Off Shotgun
- Assault Rifle - (Gang Wars Only)
- Grenade - (Gang Wars Only)
- The name "Angels of Death" may be a cultural reference to the song "Angel of Death" by Thin Lizzy, or to Nazi physician Josef Mengele, whose nickname was "the Angel of Death" for his horrendous torture and medical experiments. Thrash Metal Band Slayer also wrote a song called "Angel of Death" about the aforementioned physician.
- The AOD may be slightly based on the real-life Hells Angels motorcycle club. The Hells Angels are also engaged in a war, similar to the The Lost and Angels of Death war. The club is also nationwide like the Hells Angels.
- An OG Loc CD can be found next to the jukebox in the Angels of Death Clubhouse. This is somewhat ironic as the Angels of Death are supposedly a white supremacist gang.
- The Lost always call Angels of Death members "Deadbeats." In the same way, The Lost members are called "Losers" by the AoD.
- The Angels of Death and the Lost MC's wars are referenced to the one The Families and Ballas have by Malc. He says their wars are like the wars in Los Santos (He also mentions the Jefferson Motel). It should be noted The Lost and AoD hate each other as much as the aformentioned gangs do.
- According to a special Weazel News report, the Angels of Death claim that they are just a "social club," a hint to the Hells Angels who claim exactly the same thing about themselves; pointing out that the AoD are a parody of the Hells Angels. Both the Hells Angels and the Angels of Death have books written about them by their leaders.
- In GTA IV's Multiplayer "Mafiya Work" mode, Kenny Petrovic reveals that the leader of the AoD organization (Lester Arnold) has a bike which he calls "Sexy Charlie," and then orders it to be destroyed.
- The gang's favorite radio stations are Liberty City Hardcore and Liberty Rock Radio 97.8.
- In TBoGT, Angels of Death members spawn frequently in North Holland, unlike the original game and the first DLC where it is the Afro-American's and Hispanic's gang territory.
- Angels of Death members only appear as pedestrians in TBoGT. They don't appear in any specific missions.
- During a random event in GTA V, a member of The Lost MC tells the protagonist, (Michael or Franklin) that the Angels of Death are finished and that they have no longer any current chapter which means that the gang has been destroyed by The Lost during the time between 2009 and 2013. However this could just be a false bravado on the part of the member in an attempt to "talk up" his club.
- During gang wars in The Lost and Damned, Johnny sometimes yells "Go back to San Fierro" at Angels of Death members, referencing the fact that the club began in San Fierro.