|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
Grand Theft Auto V
|Full name:||Ashley Butler|
|Also known as:||Ash|
|Date of birth:||1981|
|Place of birth:||Acter, Alderney|
|Date of death:||2013 (Aged 32)|
|Home:||Acter, Alderney (formerly)|
Blaine County, San Andreas (formerly)
|Family:||Johnny Klebitz (Ex-Boyfriend)|
|Main affiliation:||The Lost Brotherhood|
Ray Boccino (Formerly)
Faustin Family (Formerly)
Trevor Philips (Formerly)
|Voiced by:||Traci Godfrey|
- "You keep talking about how people have changed. Don't you think maybe you're the one who's different?"
- ― Ashley Butler
Ashley "Ash" Butler is a character in the HD Universe, appearing as a minor character in Grand Theft Auto IV, a main character in The Lost and Damned and a minor character in Grand Theft Auto V. She was once the girlfriend of Johnny Klebitz, the president of The Lost Brotherhood and the protagonist of The Lost and Damned. However, the two broke up after she slept with president Billy Grey and due to her addictions.
Ashley was born in Liberty City and knew several of the members of the Lost Alderney Chapter since childhood, including Johnny Klebitz. After joining the Lost she became Johnny's girlfriend and also became a drug addict, using cocaine and crystal meth. Her addictions, coupled with her infidelity (which was many times induced by her desire to obtain cheap drugs), eventually led to Johnny breaking up with her, which had a devastating effect on Ashley's life, severely increasing her drug problem.
The Lost and Damned
Eventually, her addictions later led to her being held-up in a crackhouse by some drug dealers when she couldn't pay them, although Johnny managed to save her. At some point, Ashley begun a relationship with Ray Boccino, a capo of the Pegorino Family. Ray used this to his advantage, convincing her to use The Lost to steal several diamonds which originally belonged to Ray Bulgarin. Despite this, he is shown to have genuine concern towards her and her addiction. She also borrowed money from the Russian Mafia to pay for her habit. This led to her becoming in debt to Dimitri Rascalov, and Johnny and Malc are forced to kidnap Roman Bellic to settle it.
Later, Ray orders Johnny to take part in a deal exchanging the diamonds which were stolen previously for money. However, the deal is ambushed by Luis Lopez, and among the confusion Johnny decides to take the money for himself and the Lost. He then gives it to Jim Fitzgerald for safekeeping. Ashley unwittingly informs Ray of this and he has Jim kidnapped and tied up in his basement to be tortured, in hopes that he will reveal what happened to the money. Johnny is lured to Ray's but the two escape before parting ways. Ashley then calls Johnny to warn him that he is in pursuit by some of Ray's goons. Although he manages to escape successfully Ashley informs him that Jim was killed and that Billy Grey is planning on turning states while in prison, pinning a drug ring on The Lost.
After completion of The Lost and Damned's storyline, she is not seen again. However, if Johnny calls Ashley, she'll ask for forty dollars. Johnny declines, saying that she can kill herself on her own. She also e-mails Johnny, saying that she checked into rehab, and is doing well. Johnny wishes her good luck but also tells her to stay away from him. A few days later, she sends Johnny another email reluctantly confessing that she was booted out of the rehab facility and asking Johnny for yet more money, to which Johnny reinforces his wishes for her to stop contacting him.
Grand Theft Auto V
At some point between 2008 and 2013, Johnny, Terry, Clay, Ashley and several other members of the Lost MC relocated to Blaine County, where they set up a new base of operations. The gang would then become heavily involved in drugs and arms trading. Ashley and Johnny got back together, and Johnny himself also got addicted to meth like Ashley. The gang also became affiliated with Trevor Philips, but the relationship seemed shaky as Trevor would often have sex with Ashley, much to Johnny's dismay. Ashley's appearance during this time also radically changed; her hair color changed from black to red, and she became thinner and more haggard (likely a result of meth use).
Sometime in 2013, Johnny confronted Trevor again for having sex with Ashley. Trevor, who has just found out about Michael De Santa's survival, finally snapped after Johnny's smack talking, and retaliated by beating him to death. Ashley, along with Ron Jakowski and Wade Hebert, watched in horror as Trevor repeatedly stomped the glass pieces on Johnny's head. He then left with Ron and Wade, leaving Ashley to mourn over Johnny's body. The rest of the Lost MC, including Terry Thorpe and Clay Simons, would soon be wiped out by Trevor as well. Should the player decide it, Ashley can be killed as well and dialogue between Trevor and Wade will acknowledge this during the ride over to the Lost compound. However, regardless if the player killed Ashley or not during the mission, a news report from Weazel and an internet news article will later reveal that Ashley died after having participated in a heroin orgy.
LCPD Database record
- GTA IV
- The Lost and Damned
- Clean and Serene (Post-mission phone call)
- Coming Down
- This Shit's Cursed (Post-mission phone call)
- Shifting Weight (Post-mission phone call)
- Diamonds in the Rough
- Roman's Holiday
- Was It Worth It?
- Get Lost (Post-mission phone call)
- GTA V
- Mr. Philips (Can be killed)
- The player can also occasionally call her after certain missions to hear her input on what's going on in the game's storyline, like Roman Bellic in GTA IV.
- Though possibly a taunt, Ray will tell Johnny in "Was It Worth It?" "I fucked Ashley my friend, and now I'm gonna fuck you!" meaning Ray may have had a sexual affair with her.
- Ashley's appearance has changed between games. During The Lost and Damned her skin is noticeably more pale and shows to have lost some weight. And in GTA V, her hair is red and her outfit is different and she looks much older, probably due to smoking meth.
- Ashley is still very much in love with Johnny Klebitz, as shown in Coming Down, when she tries to advance on Johnny, who declines the advances. She also states in this mission that "Johnny is her habit" when he brings up her ice addiction. She is visibly touched when Johnny admits to Trevor that he still loves her and even mourns Johnny after he gets killed by Trevor.
- On the mission Coming Down, Ashley will say, "Hit me, teach me a lesson!" If the player hits her she will say "That's enough now."
- Ashley can be killed during the mission "Mr. Philips" in GTA V.
- Ashley owns a private Lifeinvader account; after "Mr. Philips," regardless if the player killed her or not, Ashley will leave a threat on Ron Jakowski's account, telling him that they all will pay for Johnny's death.
- Ashley dies regardless during GTA V, she can be killed by Trevor but an Internet news article and radio broadcast after the mission "Eye In The Sky," will still say that she dies after having participated in a heroin orgy.
- Ashley is briefly mentioned in a text message from Ron during the mission "Romance Isn't Dead" in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- In her description on the Rockstar website in People & Places, her description is "Party girl who has partied too much."
- Near her left breast, you can see the words "TLAD", which is the abbreviation for The Lost and Damned.
- Practically every tragedy player can witness in Johnny's and The Lost MC's fate is provoked by Ashley and her cheating. Her cheating with Billy Grey broke his and Johnny Klebitz' friendship at some point, which lead the gang to civil war in the end. Her affair with Ray Boccino made Johnny to have a large role in diamonds deal, which lead Alderney Chapter to the end. Finally, her cheating with Trevor Philips lead to Johnny's death and significant losses of Stab City chapter.