|Appearance(s):||The Lost and Damned|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Ammunition capacity:||8 shells (TLAD & GTA V)|
(32 shells w/ Extended Clip in GTA V)
|Available from:||Bought from Terry Thorpe|
|Unlocked After:||Heavy Toll (TLAD)|
Blitz Play (GTA V)
- "This fully automatic shotgun is extremely powerful and fires off shells constantly. This weapon is very effective at taking out multiple targets at once and can take down vehicles quickly."
- ―Rockstar Games description.
The Assault Shotgun is a weapon modeled after the Striker, a shotgun manufactured by Armsel. It is the fourth shotgun featured in the Grand Theft Auto IV trilogy, after the Pump Action Shotgun and the Combat Shotgun, and the second introduced in The Lost and Damned, appearing alongside the Sawed off Shotgun.It is distinguished from other shotguns of its class because has fully automatic capabilities. The Assault Shotgun boasts high firepower, allowing it to deal with crowds of enemies, vehicles and even low flying helicopters with ease. It is extremely effective in short range, but its usefulness diminishes over distance. It holds eight shells in each drum, and the player can hold a total of 250 shells.
The Assault is first introduced in the storyline mission "Heavy Toll", where Johnny Klebitz is given one to stop a drug convoy. Later on, he wields one during the events of "Shifting Weight", using it to fight off the pursuing LCPD while escaping with Malc. It can be purchased from Terry's gun van after Heavy Toll, and spawns at the player's safehouse after completing 40 gang wars.
Grand Theft Auto V
The Assault shotgun returns from GTA IV:TLAD now with a new design based off the AA-12 and the UTAS UTS-15 and the stock is from a FN SCAR-H.
Customizations (GTA V)
- Grip (more stability, increases accuracy) - $375
- Flashlight (additional light) - $562
- Suppressor (Silences but slightly reduces damage and range) - $2247
- Default Clip (8 rounds) - Equipped by default
- Rounds (16 rounds) - $8
- Extended Clip (32 rounds) - $347
- Black (default) - Equipped by default
- Army Tint (Desert sand) - $100
- LSPD Tint (Metallic Blue) - $600
- Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness, Altruist Cult Camp - Inside the church porch.
- Clay will equip the Assault Shotgun when he becomes hardened enough.
- The Striker is depicted in-game with a full automatic firing rate, although it is produced with a semi-auto firing rate in real life.
- The Striker is also a gun in Max Payne 2, another game made by Rockstar.
- If the player blind-fires with the Assault Shotgun in The Lost and Damned, he will be seen "pumping" the weapon after every shot is fired, even if there is no pump on the shotgun. This glitch applies to all shotguns, and limits the blindfiring speed to the Pump Action Shotgun. It has been fixed however in GTA V.