Automated teller machines, more commonly known as ATMs, are computerised machines that can be used to complete monetary transactions such as balance check or withdrawal. It has appeared in three games so far: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Grand Theft Auto V.
GTA San Andreas
The ATM is a non-interactive device. It features heavily in the mission Small Town Bank for Catalina, where the player must destroy some ATMs and retrieve the money inside. Even if the player can't use the ATM, it is implied that the machine accepts PISN, Master B8tr and Pla$tic cards, and is available for 24 hours.
In GTA IV, ATMs are interactive devices, but only serve as a means to show the player how much money the player has - despite the fact that the player's money is already displayed in the game's HUD. ATMs in GTA IV can be found in various locations throughout Liberty City, and are implied to be operated by the Bank of Liberty.
Occasionally, if the player kills a pedestrian who just used an ATM, massive amounts of money will spawn repeatedly on the ground. This will happen even with cops, who normally only drop their pistol.
In GTA V, ATMs play a more important role. Michael, Franklin and Trevor can visit an ATM to deposit or withdraw their money into their bank accounts. The player has five options to deposit money, ranging from a few dollars to all the money the player has collected. Since places like Ammu-Nation stores and real-estate brokers accept debit cards, it is not necessary to extract big stacks of cash from ATMs in order to make big purchases. The player can also use its cell phone or a laptop to deposit or withdraw money from Internet.
In GTA Online, the player can visit an ATM to donate their collected money into their bank so that it is protected from being stolen by other players. It is best to visit ATMs when not around many other players in GTA Online, for if the player visits an ATM, they are vulnerable to be shot and killed. The player's money can then be stolen from other players, making the use of ATMs in the game very risky. The safest option is to deposit and withdraw money using the cell phone or a laptop, from Maze Bank's website.
Locations (GTA IV)
- Crockett Ave (Southern most corner of Mohawk Ave)
- Tulsa St (Mohawk Ave side)
- Deadwood St (Opposite the alleyway)
- Corner of Tuscarora Ave and Cassidy St.
- Cassity St (Opposite the alleyway)
- Corner of Savannah Ave and Seymour Ave (Directly below Howard St.)
- Harrison St (Corner of Yorktown Ave.)
- Meadows Park (Just off of Cleves Ave.)
- Bismarck Ave (Corner of Silicon St.)
- Frankfort Ave (Western fork beside Topaz St.)
- Union Drive East (Almost level with Nickel St.)
- Bismarck Ave (Corner of Manganese St.)
- Kunzite St (Halfway between Frankfort Ave. and the small road connecting Kunzite St to Jade St., the Jade St. directly to the South)
- Amsterdam Lane (One block above Amethyst St, just south of small lane connecting Amsterdam Lane to Bismark Ave)