Automated teller machines, more commonly known as ATMs, are computerised machine that can be used to complete monetary transactions such as balance check or withdrawal. It has appeared in two games so far: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV.
GTA San AndreasThe ATM is a non-interactive device. It features heavily in the mission Small Town Bank for Catalina, where the player must destroy some ATMs and retrieve the money inside. Even if the player can't use the ATM, it is implied that the machine accepts PISN, Master B8tr and Pla$tic cards, and is available for 24 hours.
GTA IVIn GTA IV, ATMs are interactive devices, but only serve as a means to show the player how much money Niko has - despite the fact that the player's money is already displayed in the game's HUD. ATMs in GTA IV can be found in various locations throughout Liberty City, and are implied to be operated by the Bank of Liberty.
Occasionally, if the player kills a pedestrian who just used an ATM, massive amounts of money will spawn repeatedly on the ground.
Locations (GTA IV)
- Crockett Ave (Southern most corner of Mohawk Ave)
- Tulsa St (Mohawk Ave side)
- Deadwood St (Opposite the alleyway)
- Corner of Tuscarora Ave and Cassidy St.
- Cassity St (Opposite the alleyway)
- Corner of Savannah Ave and Seymour Ave (Directly below Howard St.)
- Harrison St (Corner of Yorktown Ave.)
- Meadows Park (Just off of Cleves Ave.)
- Bismarck Ave (Corner of Silicon St.)
- Frankfort Ave (Western fork beside Topaz St.)
- Union Drive East (Almost level with Nickel St.)
- Bismarck Ave (Corner of Manganese St.)
- Kunzite St (Halfway between Frankfort Ave. and the small road connecting Kunzite St to Jade St., the Jade St. directly to the South)
- Amsterdam Lane (One block above Amethyst St, just south of small lane connecting Amsterdam Lane to Bismark Ave)