|Appearance(s):||The Lost and Damned|
|Ammunition capacity:||17-round magazine|
|Unlocked After:||Bad Cop Drop|
- "This pistol requires only one pull of the trigger to empty the magazine and is very accurate. This is a great weapon for drive-bys and close combat with its high rate of fire."
- ―TLAD Official Website
The Automatic 9mm, is the first and so far last automatic pistol in the Grand Theft Auto series. Though it's automatic, it is based on the Tanfoglio TA90, with the CZ 75 Automatic pistol features. It is given by Jim in Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned.
It is fully automatic with an extremely high rate of fire, which is faster than both Sub Machine Guns from GTA IV and has a 17 bullet capacity. The automatic 9mm is just as powerful as the regular 9mm Pistol in GTA IV, although it fires fully automatic it is far less accurate due to heavy recoil. It lacks accuracy but makes up for it with its rate of fire making it a well rounded weapon and extremely useful for Drive-bys. It is also capable of being used for executions. It is the starting weapon for players when the weapons are set to all, weaker, or to biker weapons on TLAD Multiplayer.
- The pistol is given to the player in the mission Bad Cop Drop. After that, it can be requested from Jim, and can be purchased from Terry's gun van.
- Although the player first receives the pistol in Bad Cop Drop, Jim Fitzgerald and Terry Thorpe both use them in the previous mission, Liberty City Choppers.
- When aimed out of a cab window, Johnny will hold the gun upside-down.
- Interestingly Niko Bellic can be heard shooting the automatic pistol during the bugged Infernus calls after Knowing Me, Knowing You, although the pistol cannot normally be obtained in the original game.
- A weapon similar to this one (known as the AP Pistol) appears in Grand Theft Auto V.
- It is the first automatic pistol in the series followed by the AP Pistol in GTA V.