Logo circa 2009
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Motto:||"Enjoy Robust, Durable Handsets"|
Badger is a Mobile Phone company in the HD Universe. It is most likely a parody of Fido Solutions, a Canadian phone company also named after an animal (a dog). It benefits of some of the largest stock increases. The actions' prices are very low compared to other bussineses though.
Grand Theft Auto IVIt is Niko Bellic's first cell phone provider
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
The PDA present on the touch screen runs on the Badger network. The software is apparently known as BadgerOS, and gives the player access to the game's menus and features. While mobile phone conversations are not present, the PDA (as well as the computer found in safehouses) can be used to receive email. On the PSP version of the game, there are three themes selectable from the Settings menu (which can be found inside the System application), the default is Badger's skin, but one for "Sprunk" and another for "Tw@ Internet Cafe" can also be chosen.
Grand Theft Auto V
Badger continues to grow on BAWSAQ, it benefits of some of the largest stock increases. The actions' prices are very low though.
- The Badger network, like the Whiz network, is capable of sending photos, as shown by Ray Boccino sending you a picture of a target in the mission A Long Way To Fall, which means that perhaps Niko's inability to use themes, ring tones and to take and send pictures is due not to the network but to the cell phone he used at the time.
- Ray Boccino owns a Badger phone, however it is shown as a Whiz phone, and also in the cutsene for the mission Late Checkout, he is seen throwing his phone at the waiter in the restaurant, which is used in an Whiz Wireless television commercial demonstrating "Enjoy Robust, Durable Handsets".
- In the Ballad of Gay Tony, though the player has a Badger phone, if they go into the "Themes" menu, they may select a Whiz Wireless wallpaper.
- Badger is used as another term to fart in some parts of the UK, to keep up with Rockstar's crude humour.
- According to Bawsaq.com, Badger stocks are up.