|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||Angel Pine, Whetstone|
|Target:||Ex-police officer (witness)|
|Conditions of mission failure:||CJ's death|
Witness's death by head shot
|Unlocked by:||The Green Sabre|
After the gun battle under the Mulholland Intersection that resulted in Sweet's incarceration, CJ is taken out of Los Santos to begin performing tasks for C.R.A.S.H. The first of these tasks is a favor for Tenpenny, who tells CJ to eliminate an ex-police officer being held by the FBI under a witness protection program. The witness, who has compromising information about Tenpenny, is hiding in a remote cabin located on Mount Chiliad. CJ, disarmed by the officers, and carrying only a camera, is forced to make his way up Mt. Chiliad. He then flushes the witness out of the cabin, and chase him down Mt. Chiliad as he attempts to flee in a Washington. After CJ kills the witness, he photographs the evidence that he will no longer be talking.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Kill the witness! Bring back proof
- Make your way up the mountain to find that snitch
- He's inside, smoke him out
- Remember, you need a photo of him in one piece
- Photograph the body
- Take the camera to the drop
- You may want to buy a Sub Machine Gun and get a Sanchez so that you may blow up the Washington easily. Though the witness may bail out of the car, it would be easy to kill him with the SMG (any SMG will do; it doesn't have to be an MP5, just make sure you have enough bullets to set the car on fire.)
- The easiest way to finish this mission is to sneak into the forest area west of the cabin. From there, sneak into the door facing the forest area and the witness will be standing inside. The witness will not respond to your presence and you can just easily take him down with fists. Then take the picture. The only thing left to do is to go to the drop point. This method skips the car chase. This is recommended if the player does not want to waste time or money getting weapons.
- Another simple way is to find the Flamethrower In Flint County (see this map). Ride a motorbike like the Sanchez to the cabin and when you are a fair distance away, jump off the moving bike. Sprint up so you are near the cabin wall and switch to the flamethrower, and burn the guards outside the cabin. The flames will go through the wall and should ignite the target, killing him before he even reaches his car. Once the guards out the front are dead, you can crouch around the outside of the cabin and take care of the rest, then easily photograph the body.
- A glitch may occur for some players, the game freezes after taking a photograph.
- Badlands is the first in GTA San Andreas requiring the use of a camera and serves as training in its use if the player isn't familiar with the camera.
- It is somewhat ironic that the police failed to give Carl any of his weapons or any weapons they may have had back -- although it's understandable that they stripped him of all his weapons in the previous mission, it is something of a plot to why they refused to give him any more weapons.
- The Washington that the witness drives has a San Fierro license plate that reads "ASSMAN".
- Returning to the "drop point" after taking the photo automatically removes any wanted level CJ gains during the mission.
- If you managed to destroy the Washington before the witness enters it (via a cheat or Rocket Launcher), the witness will stand still in the cabin and not move.
- If you manage to sneak past the FBI and walk into the cabin, the witness will stand still and act as a pedestrian, until you shoot him or kill him.
- Although buying and using a shotgun can kill him quickly, as it only takes two shots to the body to die, it is discouraged to do so because no matter where you aim the gun, the mission will fail if you blow his head off.