(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian SUV|
|Body style||4-door full size SUV|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Related vehicle(s)||Huntley Sport|
- "Nothing says Hip Hop like a British SUV known primarily for its ability to transport mineral rich colonialists across invaded lands."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description, Baller Sport.
The Gallivanter Baller is a 4-door full-size SUV making its debut appearance in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. It is previously slotted in as Huntley from GTA San Andreas, but is now a more modern looking car. There are two different generations of the Baller in GTA V; the newer one called the Baller Sport.
The Baller's design is heavily influenced by the British styling of the Range Rover Vogue 2010, but slightly boxier. The headlights are similar to the first generation GMC Yukon. In comparison to the Baller Sport, the first generation has more traditional SUV styling than the sports SUV.
The Baller Sport features linear formations that are inspired by the British design styling featured on the 5 door Range Rover Evoque and 2014 Range Rover Sport for the sides and greenhouse area. The side accents from the L405 Range Rover are featured on the sides of the car.
The front face of the car features a lot of polymer, similar to the car's real life inspiration. The base of the front bumper features a polymer layer spanning the entire width. Two thirds of the front face width and a third of its height is occupied by a trapezium formation, with the outer part being black and the inset trapezium being chrome. Outside the central areas and at about half the car's height there are large ducts that have edges contoured to the lower trapezium, main grille and headlights. These ducts have horizontal LED strips that run from the inner vertex of the ducts. The main grille is located almost at the top of the front face, being a chrome-edged trapezium which is less wide than the lower trapezium. The main grille features two horizontal chrome strips either side of mid-height. The headlamp units are linked to the grille, with the top edge coinciding with the top of the grille and bottom edge with the upper horizontal strip. The headlamp units feature two circular lamps and then an amber turn indicator lamp on the outside. The bonnet/ hood features an elevated area whose edges are in line with the top corners of the grille.
The sides of the car feature wheel arches in the form of large bulges. The main body features an impressed area bounded by two lines parallel to the lower window line. Connecting the two lines at the front quarter is a vertical air duct. The car features black, polymer-covered A, B, C and D pillars. The roof is lightly curved. The wing mirrors are dominantly body-coloured but feature a black polymer accent. The car features split six-spoke wheels, wrapped in low profile tyres.
The rear features small lamp units that consist mostly of small LEDs.
The Baller is quite slow and heavy, and has a wide turning radius, acceleration is average, reaching from 0-60 in about 8 seconds, however, like every Land Rover, the Baller is capable of climbing steep hills and has a decent performance when off-roading, other advantage is durability, it's easily one of the most durable cars in the game.
The Baller Sport accelerates at an average rate for an SUV, and is capable of reaching good top speed. The main weakness of the car's performance lies in its handling; the car's mass combined with its lack of traction can often lead to heavy understeer. When taken off-road however, the car's handling is better and cornering grip can allow for precise high speed driving off road. The handling of the SUV can be quickly summarised as a level below the Huntley Sport in almost every way imaginable.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
174 mph (280 km/h)
all wheel drive
- Spawns commonly in Rockford Hills and Pillbox Hill.
- Can be bought for $98,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
- Commonly found in Strawberry, Burton, West Vinewood, Hawick, Pillbox Hill, Little Seoul, Chamberlain Hills, Mission Row, Alta, and Rockford Hills.
- Occasionally spawns in Vinewood Hills, Downtown Vinewood, La Mesa, and Los Santos International Airport.
- There's a unique full black Baller Sport with black rims available for the chase of Rocco Pelosi in the mission The Ballad of Rocco.
- Spawns at the Pipeline Inn in Pacific Bluffs.
- A unique colored Baller Sport can be found in a Random Event in which you untie a wedding groom from a light pole. After dropping the guy and his friend off, the player can find a unique colored Baller Sport parked near the player which is available to be taken.
- The first generation Baller can be found parked on the western shore of the Alamo Sea off Calafia Road, next to some tents and a BeeJay XL.
- The Ballas can sometimes be seen driving a Baller.
- Martin Madrazo and his cartel owns Black Ballers.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, both Ballers sell for $9,000 at Los Santos Customs.
- In the beta, the Baller had six-spoke wheels and an RR side quarter duct.
- Baller is a street slang term for drug dealer, or a thug that has made it big-time.
- The Baller Sport shares its rim designs with the Benefactor Surano.