The jet exploding.
|Game:||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Unlocks:||Frosting on the Cake|
|Unlocked by:||Practice Swing|
Luis walks in and finds Tony ready to kill himself, and before sending Luis out on a mission to destroy three targets, Tony is knocked out by Luis and takes a batch of Sticky Bombs. First, Luis drives to a crane machine in Frankfort Avenue, sets sticky bombs on the base of the crane and detonate them, causing it to wreck and killing the target. Next, Luis needs intercept a subway train at the tunnel exit in North Holland. After throwing a sticky bomb on the train, Luis detonates them, causing the train to explode into a chain reaction. After blowing the train up, Luis travels to Francis International Airport, and then destroys the head of the LTA's private jet. After that, Luis escapes the airport and evades a 2-star wanted level. Luis calls Tony and Tony tells him that he and Evan have broken up.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The first target is a construction foreman. He operates the nearby crane
- Throw several stick bombs onto the base of the crane
- The crane is rigged to blow, get clear
- Now detonate the sticky bombs to destroy the crane
- The next target is on an out of service subway train, intercept it at the tunnel exit
- Destroy the train using sticky bombs
- Get to the airport. The next target's plane is taking off soon
- You must destroy the plane before it takes off
- Lose the cops
Complete the mission in 5:00
Take less than 50% Damage
Only five bombs were used (three for the crane, one for the subway car, and another for the plane).
- Jack Duffy - Killed by Luis on orders of Rocco Pelosi.
- Mel Toblowsky - Killed by Luis on orders of Rocco Pelosi.
- The cutscene for this mission is one of two times you see Tony without his glasses. The other time is TLAD's Diamonds in the Rough.
- In replays, you can use Yusuf's Gold Buzzard to achieve all three objectives at once since the cops can't catch up to you, and the rockets work the same as the Sticky Bombs
- The song that Evan sings and dances to in Tony's apartment is Maneater by Hall and Oates, this song can be heard on the Episodes from Liberty City exlusive radio station, Vice City FM.
- The train will drive up the wrong side of the tracks during this mission.
- After destroying the crane, you can stand in the flames of the destroyed crane without catching fire. This is also true for the train and the jet.
- After you destroy the train, the lights will still be on, and there will be one living passenger still aboard, who can be killed with any type of gun.
- In the Meet Tony Prince trailer, Luis and Tony can be seen driving the blue Buffalo available in this mission at Francis International Airport while a jet explodes behind them. This suggests that Tony accompanied Luis during this mission in the beta.
- The crane remains in its destroyed state for the rest of the game, but never becomes this way in Grand Theft Auto IV and The Lost and Damned and instead stays undestroyed. One year later, in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars the crane is still destroyed.
- This is one of two missions in TBoGT in which an airplane is destroyed, the other one being Departure Time.
- The train can also be destroyed with a RPG if the player has one.
- In front of the construction site, a Taxi and Dilettante spawn during the mission. The reasons for these vehicles spawning is unknown but are presumably owned by the workers on site.
- An easy way to destroy the train is to speed ahead of it to its next stop at the Fortside Station in Bohan, and when it is stopped, throw a sticky bomb on it to help achieve "No Bombs Wasted" .
- To lose the cops faster, zigzag from street to street, or evade the cops and then jump to the expressway.
- Use the Swift (before completing the game) after destroying the crane. Get the Swift from the West River Helipad (Algonquin) and land just on the hill before the train comes out. Destroy it with a Rocket Launcher, then fly to the airport, destroy the plane, lose the cops and mission acomplished.
- Losing the train will fail the mission.
- If you are skilled with the Buzzard, use it after completing the game if you are replaying the mission. You can get the Buzzard at the same helipad as the Swift.
- This mission introduces Sticky Bombs.
- After the plane explodes, police radio chatter mentions 'terrorist activity'.