|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of GTA Wiki|
Bank of Liberty is a chain of banks located all over Liberty City during both the GTA III Era and GTA IV Era. The bank appears in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto IV. It is a parody of Bank of America as it has the same colors and also a parody of Sovereing Bank as the text is the same and the bank also has a logo to the left of the title. The name might be drawn from the Bank of America.
Locations in GTA IV
Locations in GTA: CW
Apart from those in GTA IV, there's a new branch in the Downtown.
- In GTA III, in the mission The Getaway, Claude and three members of the Leone Family rob the Chinatown branch in Portland Island.
- In GTA IV, in the mission Three Leaf Clover; Niko Bellic, Packie, Derrick, and Michael rob the Chinatown, Algonquin branch of the Bank of Liberty, in which they steal $1,000,000. They deal with heavy police attention and take the money home to divide between themselves.
- In GTA Chinatown Wars, in the mission Dragon Haul Z; Zhou and Huang rob the Chinatown, Algonquin branch of the Bank of Liberty and proceed to get away by performing in the Chinatown festivities, using the Dragon Costume they had previously stolen. The bank is also constantly robbed during the Firefighter minigame.
- The bank's phone number is 808-555-8372.
- In GTA III, GTA LCS and GTA IV, there are Bank of Liberty ATMs scattered around the city. In GTA IV specifically, they allow the player to check their current balance, despite the fact that the player's money is already displayed in the game's HUD.
- The Bank of Liberty branch in Chinatown (GTA IV) appears to be based on a branch of the HSBC bank in Chinatown, Manhattan judging by both location and appearance.
- In GTA IV, there is a small Bank of Liberty located in Northwood not so far from Luis Lopez's apartment. You can get inside by spawning a NRG 900 and then dismounting the bike. However, the ground is not solid and the player will fall into Blue Hell for about 5 seconds before respawning on the road outside.
- The Chinatown Branch is the branch that is robbed in every GTA game with a heist at a Bank of Liberty.
- Interestingly, the ATMs at Lombank are operated by Bank of Liberty. This may indicate that Lombank is a subsection of Bank of Liberty.