- "Get ready to drop some sea shells with all new vehicles, weaponry and a load of new Jobs that are coming in November with the Beach Bum Pack."
- ―Rockstar Games.
The Beach Bum Content Update is the first content update for Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. It is free, and was released on Tuesday 19th November 2013 as part of the 1.06 patch (must be downloaded separately for XBOX). The update has been stated to be the first of many to be released for GTA V and GTA Online - some free and some not.
The update contains 4 beach-themed vehicles, 2 weapons, many new beach-themed clothes (e.g. shorts), 4 new haircuts (2 male and 2 female), new tattoos, and 30+ "action-packed" multiplayer jobs.
The Beach Bum update brings a slew of new action-packed Jobs to GTA Online. These include new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachute Jumps, Last Team Standings, a Survival as well as Gang Attacks for those who enjoy a good territorial skirmish. Here are just a few of Rockstar's favorite new ones:
- "Grass Route II" (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- "Survival on Del Perro Pier" (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- "View of Vespucci" (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- "Paleto Beach" (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- "Sundae Driving" (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
Hit the shore with four sand-and-surf-ready vehicles perfect to take on the all new Beach Bum Races and Vehicle Deathmatches:
- The BF Bifta dune buggy
- The rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck
- The Bravado Paradise beach camper van
- The fast and stylish Speeder speedboat
All four vehicles will be available at no in-game cost, with the land-based vehicles accessible from the Southernsanandreassuperautos.com website and the Speeder available via Docktease.com on your in-game phone (call Pegasus for delivery). These vehicles are also available in Story Mode for Michael, Trevor and Franklin to enjoy - to access them, visit your garage property and the Marina property for the vehicles and the boat respectively.
Expand your arsenal with two new free weapons - the compact yet deadly SNS Pistol and the brutal new Broken Bottle melee weapon which is quite effective at delivering the appropriate message in up close and personal
encounters. Each weapon will be available for free from any Ammu-Nation and will be added straight into each of the three characters' inventory in Story Mode.
New Customization Options
You'll be able to deck out your GTA Online character with all new beach-ready customization options including stylish board shorts, neon surfer attire, wild tribal tattoos, shaggy hair for that West Coast laissez-faire vibe and more.