The Bean Machine
|Name:||The Bean Machine|
|Tagline(s):||"Tastes like fuel. Kicks like a mule."|
GTA Chinatown Wars
Grand Theft Auto V
- "Coffe house chain taking over the world one Tiramisu Gunkaccino at a time."
- ― Description at LCN.com.
Despite its numerous stores throughout Liberty City and Los Santos, the player cannot visit any location. Its advert can be regularly seen on TV and heard on the radio. The chain's slogan (as seen on its website) is "Tastes like fuel, kicks like a mule". The Bean Machine is most likely the place to find businessmen and women loading up on overpriced lattes before they head out to work. It is referenced in the mission "Reuniting the Family".
- GTA V
- Boulevard Del Perro and Prosperity Street Promenade, Del Perro
- South Mo Milton Drive and Eclipse Boulevard, West Vinewood
- Heritage Way, Rockford Hills
- Calais Avenue, Korean Plaza, Little Seoul
- Magellan Avenue, Vespucci
- Mirror Park
- Morningwood Boulevard, Morningwood
- Movie Star Way, Little Seoul
- Peaceful Street, Pillbox Hill
- Pleasure Pier, Del Perro Pier
- Simmet Alley, Textile City
- Atlee Street, Mission Row
- The beverage named 'High Noon' could be a reference to the mission of the same name from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- The beverage named "Speedball" could be a reference to the drug of the same name.
- The design and coloration of the logo bears a striking resemblance to real life UK-based coffee retailer Costa Coffee, which is rarely seen in the US.
- The brand is also featured in Rockstar's Manhunt.
- The coffee bean in the logo resembles a vagina, an example of Rockstar's sexual humor. Despite this, the company's name itself is one of the few instances of non-sexual humor in the series.
- "Bean Machine" is a derogatory term in parts of Texas for heavily customized trucks and SUVs that are gaudy and/or poorly built and are generally believed or implied to be driven by Hispanic immigrants.
- The name might also be a reference to the term "mean machine".
- It is stated in GTA V that Bean Machine is a popular destination for hipsters. This is a reference to how Starbucks in real life often caters to hipsters.
- Tarbrush Café, the predecessor to The Bean Machine.