Bearing The Truth
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Protagonist(s):||Michael De Santa|
|Unlocks:||Delivering the Truth|
|Unlocked by:||Chasing the Truth|
- Michael: "I can't believe that you got wrapped up in this bullshit. You seem like a nice girl."
- Marnie: "Objectional antithesises are worse than idiots on a sinking ship. The literature makes that very clear."
- ―Michael De Santa discussing with Marnie Allen about her irrational belief in the Epsilon Program.
Michael goes to see Marnie Allen in an alleyway somewhere in Los Santos. She tells him that his name is no longer Zolag, but is now Zondar. She also tells him that he needs to buy Epsilon Robes for $25,000 and wear them for 10 cumulative days. Shortly after this meeting ends, she sends Michael an email with a link to the robes. Once purchased, the robes will appear in Michael's wardrobe in one in-game day; Michael receives another email once the robes are delivered. The mission begins in earnest once Michael dons the robes at his safehouse.
In what is apparently either a glitch or a dialogue error by Rockstar, the robes actually need to be worn for 10 consecutive days for the next mission to unlock, not cumulative. If Michael changes clothes (either manually or automatically, when he's not being controlled), the day counter will reset (changing them immediately won't affect the counter). This means that, during the duration of this mission, it is not advisable to launch story missions (as some force wardrobe changes), or engage in activities such as golf, tennis, triathlon, or vehicle racing, which likewise change clothes automatically. And, as noted, switching to other characters is also to be avoiding for fear of the game automatically changing Michael's wardrobe. As such, a faster solution, albeit a monotonous one, is for the player to use Michael's bed to sleep 40 times and make 10 days pass.
A little side note will keep appearing above the radar every 24 hours, indicating how many days the player used the robes, so the player doesn't lose track of how many days are still left.
Once the player use the robes for 10 days, he will receive a text message from Cris Formage, saying that they are very interested in Michael's progress and he should be summoned soon. Soon after, an e-mail will arrive advising Michael of his next task.
- If the player does travel as Michael while wearing the robes, Michael will talk to himself using unique dialogue related to the beliefs of the Epsilon program. (This also applies during the Exercising the Truth mission.) Examples include:
- "Trees talk, but they're not very interesting."
- "Oh brother, brother, brother. What have I gotten myself into?"
- "Hey, I'm self-actualizing over here."
- "They say I'm not present; that's 'cause I'm in a million dimensions at once."
- "I got a cloud empire and a planet, and I'm a king, just like everybody else."
- "Would these trees please, SHUT UP?!?!"
- "It ain't a cult. It ain't a cult. It ain't... a cult."
- The name of the mission is a double entendre, as bearing can also mean to wear. Michael has to wear the robes in order to pass the mission.