|Vehicle type||Sports Car|
|Body style||2-door sedan|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto 2|
The Benson is a sports car in Grand Theft Auto 2.
The Benson is a is suggestively based on the Mercedes-Benz 300SL, evidenced by the Benson's similar body design, as well as its gull-wing doors and its name being similar to the Mercedes-Benz car brand. The only difference is the 300SL does not feature split frontal and rear windscreens, as the Benson has. When crushed, the vehicle awards the player ElectroFingers.
The Benson in GTA 2 is noted for its substantial top speed, but at the same time it suffers from delayed acceleration due to slow gear-shifting as the car speeds up. And while the car features good braking, the Benson suffers from occasional tailspins when cornering at high speeds.
- Spawns only in the Residential District of Anywhere City.
- It is the default vehicle in the game. During certain missions, like Greatest Hits!, it may appear as the car driven by attackers.
- Rarely used by Johnny Zoo during The Final Job.
- Big Bends, a GTA London 1961 car comparable to the Benson.
- Jugular, a GTA 1 car comparable to the Benson.