|This article needs more images of:|
GTA Vice City Stories model for infobox
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto:Vice City Stories|
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V (briefly)
Their only use is to zoom in and view far away places. They are superior to the Sniper Rifle for simple viewing, as their view is uncluttered by cross hairs. This item is first used during the mission "Leap and Bound".
Due to a glitch in Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories, if the player presses the attack button while equipped with the binoculars, Victor Vance will start punching the air and if that is done in front of a pedestrian, his hands will just go through the pedestrian's body and not actually do any damage.
GTA Vice City Stories
- On the top of the ship in Viceport.
- Several "coin in the slot" binoculars can be found across Algonquin. It can be found near the Middle Park East Safehouse, the top floor of Rotterdam Tower, and the area around Castle Gardens. The player has to pay $1 to use.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, Playboy X uses binoculars in Deconstruction For Beginners to look for the union leaders who have taken over Yusuf Amir's constrution site. They also appear in Buoys Ahoy, used by Niko Bellic and Bernie Crane to spot Dimitri Rascalov's hitmen.
- In Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned, the binoculars can be seen in Terry's gun van, but cannot be used or acquired.
- Binoculars and telescopes are seen in GTA V, but only the latter can be used by the player. Franklin uses binoculars in the mission Lamar Down, but only during a cutscene. Various NPCs can be seen using them, such as the military in Fort Zancudo, Los Santos Lifeguard personnel and San Andreas Highway Patrol officers.