|Vehicle type||Civilian car/boat|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
The Ballad of Gay Tony
The Blade refers to two different vehicles in the Grand Theft Auto series: A two-door open top lowrider in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and a speedboat in The Ballad of Gay Tony episodic game for Grand Theft Auto IV
GTA San Andreas
Depicted as a two-door open top car from the 1960s, the Blade combines elements of the 1965 and 1968 Chevrolet Impalas. The rear of the car resembles that of the 1963 Impala, with convex areas around the taillights rather than concave. Its headlight design is similar to a 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass (which may be the origin of the Blade's name along with the Sabre). The Blade has no side rear-view mirrors.
Being a lowrider, its exterior and interior can be modified at Loco Low Co.. If the car is equipped with hydraulics, it can be used in lowrider competitions. While normally appearing with only an open top, the car can be modified at Loco Low Co. to feature a hard top or a convertible top, although the latter is permanently lowered.
The Blade may be found on any Mexican gang's turf, and is driven by said gang members, especially the San Fierro Rifa. It can occasionally be seen driven by non-gang affiliated civilians.
Acceleration and speed are quite impressive, and the brakes and slick handling serve the vehicle well. Although cornering is also excellent, the one major drawback of the Blade is its major oversteer, which makes e-braking turns absolutely futile, and driving at high speeds a challenge due to the potential loss of control at the slightest disturbance. The Blade is capable of withstanding significant impact damage due to its strong frame and overall construction; it does not fare as well against explosive damage, however.
Like all lowriders, the Blade is not recommended for off road racing, as it is prone to flipping. This is due to it's lowered height compared to other vehicles.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
DesignThe Blade name is reused in The Ballad of Gay Tony to refer to a boat that exclusively appears in the episodic pack.
The Blade is depicted as a speedboat not unlike the Smuggler, but is designed with a less streamlined body design and a shorter length, and is presumably built more for comfort; in addition, the boat may come with an optional top-mounted rollbar that sweeps towards the front.
The boat's seagoing performance is moderately good, ranking below the Smuggler but stacking above the Floater. Likewise, the boat's maneuverability is affected, for better of worse, by its moderately heavy weight, being more controllable than a Smuggler but less so than the smaller Floater.
- A flame-proof GTA San Andreas Blade can be found during the mission "High Stakes, Low Rider".
- The default radio station of the Blade in GTA San Andreas is Radio Los Santos.
- GTA San Andreas
- Parked in front of the garage of a house east of the El Corona Safehouse in El Corona, Los Santos.
- Can be found driven around in San Fierro Rifa gang turfs like Doherty, Garcia and Battery Point, all in San Fierro.
- Commonly found in any Mexican gang territory in GTA San Andreas.
- Quite common in rural areas such as Bone County or Whetstone, along with Remington and Tahoma.
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Sometimes spawned at the docks next to Golden Pier Swingers Golf Club, in the Meat Quarter.
- Used during Water-based Drug Wars. Will randomly appear for the player to use during the war. Can be obtained.
- It sometimes appears near the helitour.