|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Liberty Campus, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
|Reward:||Up to $15,000|
|Unlocked by:||Sayonara Salvatore|
- "This is King Courtney. My Yardie posse could do with a driver and people are saying you the man. Get to the waste ground opposite the stadium in a car and wait for the other hopefuls. I've got men watching checkpoints all over Staunton. First driver to a checkpoint gets a Grand, then it's on to the next stop. If you get more checkpoints than any other driver, I could have some work for you."
- ―King Courtney introducing himself to Claude.
Bling-bling Scramble is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by Uptown Yardies leader King Courtney from a pay phone in the Liberty Campus district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Note: Once the player has finished the last mission for King Courtney (Kingdom Come), this mission can be repeated and can be accessed from the pay phone, but other missions would not.
Claude answers the pay phone ringing in Liberty Campus. The caller introduces himself as King Courtney, leader of the Uptown Yardies. He wants a good driver for his gang and wants Claude to enter a race that will prove his worthiness.
Claude meets up with three other opponents at the north side of the Liberty Memorial Coliseum. He is in his choice of vehicle, while his opponents are in a Patriot, Cheetah, and Bobcat. The race eventually starts, and Claude drives to different parts of Staunton Island to collect as many checkpoints as he can.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Meet your rivals at Liberty Memorial Coliseum
- Collect as many chackpoints as you can
Upon completing the mission, the reward will vary from how many checkpoints were collected. $1,000 is rewarded for every collected checkpoint, which means that the maximum amount would be $15,000. The mission Uzi Rider is then unlocked.
|GTA 3 - iPad Walkthrough - Mission 54 - Bling-Bling Scramble(06:03)|
|GTA 3 - Walkthrough - Mission 54 - Bling-Bling Scramble (HD)(04:39)|
- You are not punished with mission failure if you destroy the other racers in this mission, unlike other payphone races given to Claude. It is, in theory, possible to get out at the start of the race and eliminate the Patriot and Bobcat if one is swift with the Rocket Launcher or even the M16. The Cheetah is a harder target, but being the fastest opponent Claude faces in this mission, it is arguably worth letting the other two racers live in order to remove the Cheetah from the race. You will not likely be able to eliminate all three at the start without the use of cheats.