|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help GTA Wiki by|
|LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY|
Entrance to the prison
|Common name:||Bolingbroke Penitentiary|
|Abbreviation:||Blaine County Prison|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
Bolingbroke Penitentiary is the state prison of San Andreas, located in Blaine County. It is governed by the Los Santos State Prison Authority. The prison is located to the left of Route 68. The prison's shape is that of a hexagon.
The perimeter of the prison is patrolled by the Los Santos County Sheriff. There are armed guards standing near the entrances, making sure that no one attempts to break in or out.
The penitentiary seems to be inspired by the real-life Victorville Federal Prison in Victorville, California.
A random encounter can occur around the prison where a prisoner pulls the protagonist over and then points a gun at them, and forces them to get out of the car.
- Vapid Interceptor
- Sheriff's Cruiser
- Prison Bus (Center courtyard of the prison. Extremely hard to reach and even harder to drive out).
- If the player is near the penitentiary while being wanted, the prison alarm will go off and guards will be warned of the player's presence, causing them to attack.
- LSPD patrol cars can be found patrolling around inside the prison, despite being city police.
- Shooting a guard with a sniper rifle from the front or back will give the player a two star wanted level. If approached from the back with two stars and goes up the prison's west side they will receive four stars, which is also received for punching the guard who occasionally spawns next to the barriers.
- Two prisoners will spawn, one north of the prison and one to the east. If the player calls the police to the one north, the prisoner will open fire on police officers, but if the player shoots no wanted level will be received.
- Inside the recreation yard, there is writing on a wall that reads, "Where water meets land and fire once spewed forth, there the infinite 8 shall stay until I return." This is an easter egg, and the phrase was possibly written by Merle Abrahams, the infamous serial killer who was incarcerated at this prison.
- The Bolingbroke Penitentiary is based on Corcoran State Prison where Charles Manson is currently incarcerated in.
- Strangely, the prison is rarely mentioned throughout the storyline.
- If you manage to get in without a wanted level and get close to building 9A, you can hear blood-curling screams coming from it.