- For the taxi company, see Borgnine Taxis.
|Vehicle type||Public taxi|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
Available to the player only after a mandatory requirement of 100 completed taxi fares (50 in GTA Advance), the Borgnine in GTA III is a modified Cabbie with a red body and bloody spikes on the front and rear bumpers, while the GTA Advance rendition retains some of the qualities of the GTA III rendition, lacking the spike bumpers and serving as the only other taxi other than the game's Taxi. The Borgnine's handling is far superior to that of the car it's based on.
The Borgnine's name is a homage to Ernest Borgnine, who starred in the 1981 movie Escape from New York as a cab driver named "Cabbie" in a prison-converted Manhattan; in the movie, Cabbie also drives a Checker Marathon from which the Cabbie taxi and Borgnine are based on. The Borgnine's bumpers are perhaps a nod to Cabbie's hazardous profession in the crime-infested prison.
- Like the Cabbie, the passengers will pass through its rear fender when getting in.
- The redentition for Borgnine is the Kaufman Cab in GTA Vice City
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Advance
- Bickle '76, similar bonus taxi in GTA Liberty City Stories
- Zebra Cab, a similar bonus vehicle in GTA Vice City.