- "Sneaky wimps' way of punching. Highly illegal."
- ―GTA Vice City Website.
Brass Knuckles are a type of melee weapon featured in every game after Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, with the exception of Grand Theft Auto IV and it's episodes. They are also featured in Grand Theft Auto Online, after the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 update is installed.
Brass Knuckles are metal devices with holes punched through them, intended to be worn on the fingers while the fist is clenched. They are meant to increase the force of a punch, while minimizing the initial force needed to throw an arm, and when used properly, they create massive damage against an intended target and can kill with only 2 or 3 direct hits. Brass Knuckles have been available in the 3D Universe since Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, except in Grand Theft Auto Advance. In each game, the force of a single Brass Knuckle punch is enough to knock a person to the ground; in which another attack will immediately kill them. The Brass Knuckles comes back in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2, now named Knuckledusters.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Ocean Beach, Vice Beach - In the Front Page Café North alley doorway to the West behind the Café, just North of Ocean View Hotel.
- Worn by the bodyguards in the Malibu Club.
- Commerce, Los Santos - In the alley beside Roboi's Food Mart.
- Ganton, Los Santos - Underneath the south end of the bridge beside Ryder's home.
- Calton Heights, San Fierro - Behind some car garages northwest of the Calton Heights Safehouse.
- Las Payasadas, Bone County - Behind a small building across the street north of the large Pecker's Feed & Seed chicken.
- Trenton, Portland Island - Spawns in an alleyway next to the Mean Street Taxis.
- Fort Staunton, Staunton Island - In an alleyway next to Charlie's Liquor Bar.
- Downtown, Vice City Mainland - In an alleyway across the south of the dirt track.
- Ocean Beach, Vice Beach - On the grassy area across the Ammu-Nation.
- Can be bought at Ammu-Nation.
"Knuckledusters" are due to be added in the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 update on July 8, 2015.
- In some missions when the player must enter somewhere unarmed, the knuckles won't be thought to be a weapon.
- In GTA San Andreas, once the player has dated with Katie and Barbara, and they equip the Brass Knuckles, it cannot be discarded and it will be equipped permanently.
- In GTA Vice City Stories, the player will always lose it when saving the game.
- The Knuckleduster in GTA Online has four "V" letters in the standard GTA font on it, clearly referencing Grand Theft Auto V.
- This could also be a reference to the idiom "a bunch of fives" meaning a fist or a punch.