- "Step nine's a tough one. You have to have the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Right, dude? I mean that makes sense, I just can't always live it..."
- ―Brian Meech
Brian Meech is a random character found on the streets of Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto IV. Brian is possibly a banker and a crack addict who graduated at Vespucci University. Despite his Ivy League education, he has stooped to the lowest levels for his addictions, giving oral sex for crack.
While Brian was hanging on the street next to Roman's cab depot, high on cocaine, he met Niko Bellic, eventually giving him 100 dollars, after making fun of Niko's accent. This encounter is meant more of an introduction to random character missions than an actual mission.
Niko later encounters him at another spot in Hove Beach, around the corner from the Hove Beach Safehouse. This time Brian asks to be driven to visit some crack dealers to buy the "biggest rock in the world". Do not use a police car to drive him. If you do once you get to the location it will tell you "The deal was disrupted by police presence." The deal goes well, and Niko drops Brian off. When Brian is in a car, his hat gets removed and it is revealed he has a "High and Tight" hairstyle.
A week later, Brian meets Niko a third and final time, and relates his story -- his situation deteriorated after their last meeting (he had spent some time as a crack whore), but he is now on a nine-step recovery program for his habit, and is engaged to be married. He tells Niko he is now at step nine of his program, in which he must speak to some of the people he harmed and ask them to forgive and forget -- he apologizes for his rudeness when he first met Niko, and explains that he wants to pay back some of the former dealers he owes money to. Niko forgives him and agrees to drive Brian to their location; the dealers, however, are none too happy with Brian, and attack him -- Niko can kill them to save Brian or simply point a gun at them to scare them off, and then drives him home.
Brian is never seen again, but it's suggested he stopped using drugs and got married.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Brian
Place of Birth: Los Santos
- 2007 - Resisting Arrest and Possession Controlled Substance: Crack Cocaine
- Currently in Rehabilitation for the use of crack cocaine.
- Graduate of Vespucci University.
- Registered with the Liberty City Association of Securities Dealers.
- Three Random Encounters
- Like most characters in the game, Brian will don a unique helmet when riding alongside the protagonist on a motorbike. His helmet looks very much like Niko Bellic's helmet: jet black with a clear visor, as opposed to Niko's, which has a tinted visor.
- He is one of only two characters from GTA IV to have three encounters, the other one being Jeff.
- During Brian's third encounter, he will speak in a more calm and relaxed demeanor, as he is not under the effects of any drugs unlike his first two encounters. He also won't have dark circles around his eyes because of this.
- Brian actually has two facial models: one for him when he was on drugs, where he has cuts on his face and dark circles around his eyes, and one after he stops using, where the cuts are faded and the dark circles are gone.
- During second encounter, if the player drive Cavalcade at the yellow marker, the mission will be stuck and the Cavalcade will be placed in the alleway.