|This article needs more images.|
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Not much is known about Bruce Spade's story before the events of TBOGT, he is a well-known activist for the green movement, crime and poverty reduction, and ending the War in Iraq. He aspires to win the Nobel Peace Prize out of vanity, and once fired his agent because he couldn't get him a speaking role at the Civilization Committee (which is normally only for world leaders).
Events of TBoGT
He is met in person during The Ballad of Gay Tony, in the Club Management side missions. When Spade plans to appear at Maisonette 9, Gay Tony insisted he use a helicopter to make a grand entrance. Luis must go to pick up Spade in Northwood, where he is filming a FLEECA credit card commercial (but insists he isn't selling out, and calls the young director a "genius"). Spade didn't request a helicopter and only traveled in carbon neutral vehicles. He is also afraid of heights, and will complain if the character flies the helicopter too high. The street of Maisonette 9 was cornered off by vehicles in order for the helicopter to land safely.
Events of GTA V
He is voiced by Chris Kies.
- Bruce will become more uncomfortable the higher the helicopter goes, fearfully complaining, though if Luis flies closer to the street, Bruce will sigh with relief and thank him.
- Bruce is somewhat based on Leonardo DiCaprio, Sean Penn, Bono, Brad Pitt. He is also named after Bruce Willis and David Spade, although they don't seem to bear significant resemblance to the character.
- During the helicopter ride to Maisonette 9, Bruce talks about how he wishes he could stay in Liberty City a little bit longer to help with the crime issue, but he has to leave for Los Santos the next morning for a meeting with the director of a new movie he might be acting in.
- Also during the helicopter ride, Bruce tells Luis that he wants to start his own production company, and he plans to call it SpadeJoints. He says the company will focus on making films that are gritty, real, and believably violent, so that people will truly understand what real violence does to people. He also says his first priority would be to sign the young credit card commercial director to the company.
- Bruce Spade owns the Dungeon Crawler on Vinewood Boulevard, which he opened up in 1996, it is based on The Viper Room, located on Hollywood's Sunset Strip which was partly owned by actor Johnny Depp between 1993 and 2004.