|This article needs more images.|
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Bumps and Grinds is a side mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories located at the Harwood Dirt Track in Harwood. The mission is triggered when Toni mounts a Sanchez parked near a tree on the western side of the course.
The mission is a time trial with 10 different courses to beat. Completing this is required for 100%.
Unlike many submissions, the 10 courses do not need to be beaten in a single session, as you can go away, save, and return at another time to pick up where you left off.
After completing the courses, you can return to the bike and try to beat your best score on each one.
Course times to beat Edit
- Course 1: 0:58
- Course 2: 1:15
- Course 3: 1:14
- Course 4: 1:13
- Course 5: 1:30
- Course 6: 1:32
- Course 7: 1:30
- Course 8: 1:51
- Course 9: 1:23
- Course 10: 1:19
For each level you complete you get a $100 bonus, plus a Manchez once all 10 levels are completed. You will also get a $10 bonus if you execute a ramp jump that is more than 8 meters long.
- If you fail a course by either getting off your bike or destroying it, you will need to return to the original Sanchez spawn point and get another bike to retry the course; as the Sanchez may not immediately respawn, you may need to wander around for a bit until it does.
- In most cases, being thrown from your bike (a hazard with jumps and sharp turns) will render it virtually impossible to complete a course in time. Often, completing a course within the time limit involves simply staying on the bike and avoiding being thrown off-course by sharp turns.
- Since there is no limit to how many times a course can be attempted, it's advisable to devote the first attempt (or two) of any course to familiarizing oneself with the layout and potential trouble spots.
- There is no advantage to waiting until later in the game before attempting this mission as, unlike in GTA: San Andreas, there is no motorcycle skill to be improved.
- The name of the misson comes from R. Kelly's 1994 song "Bump n' Grind", which later featured on the Grand Theft Auto IV soundtrack.