|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|
|For:||The Mendez Brothers|
|Location:||Prawn Island, Vice City|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Lance's Death|
|Unlocks:||Blitzkrieg Strikes Again|
|Unlocked by:||Farewell to Arms|
Where it Hurts Most
Lance and Victor Vance go to the Mendez mansion and are told by Armando and Diego that they are free, as long as they leave Vice City and give their assets to them. Lance and Victor refuse and are attacked by Mendez goons. They are taken to an area in Viceport, stripped of their weapons, and are placed beside three tankers full of oil. They are then attacked by a Mendez goon who accidentally shoots one of the tankers, causing it to explode, killing the Mendez goon. Victor escapes the area, shooting the remaining tankers, as he escapes on a motorcycle, whilst Lance manages to escape in the ensuing chaos. The two meet up shortly after and decide to split up, realising that they are now the enemies of the Mendez Cartel. After this Vic cuts his ties with the Mendez brothers.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Find your way back inside the fuel depot
- Rescue Lance before the pressure causes the tanks to explode
- Shoot the valves to turn off the oil
- All the fires are out - find Lance
- Get to the exit before this place blows
Post mission pager message
Lance Vance: The shit's about to hit the fan Bro'. But. I got us covered...
There is no reward for this mission, although the mission Blitzkrieg Strikes Again is unlocked.
- Victor is stripped of all his weapons after the player regains control at Viceport, but there is a way to regain them. Immediately after the mission concludes, Victor will be standing at the airport. Immediately turn around and walk down the side of the building and some of Victor's weapons will be sitting there.
- Lance exclaims that 'he's not supposed to die like this' a possible reference to his future death in GTA Vice City