Call and Collect
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||Pier 45, Fishmarket South|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Blackmailer gets away
Harboring a Grudge
|Unlocked by:||The Puerto Rican Connection|
Call and Collect is the first mission provided to Niko Bellic by Francis McReary, who anonymously asks Niko to meet him on a pier at the south end of Algonquin. Someone has incriminating photos of Francis and is trying to blackmail him.
Go to meet the blackmailer. When you arrive at the viewpoint, Francis will send a text message containing the phone number of the blackmailer, and you must call this number and look out for a person answering their phone, so that you know which person to kill. Keep talking to the blackmailer until you identify him. When you get close, you will hear his voice reverberate through the air and through the phone, so listen for the double echo to know who the guy is. Try to get to the pier on the left side on the trigger point of the find. He may escape to the right side, but if so, you will have a very clear shot with a Carbine Rifle or a Sniper Rifle. When you find him, kill him and collect the photos. The attack triggers the Police, so you need to evade the 2 star Wanted Level. After that, take photos back to Francis.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the viewpoint off Union Drive East
- Look out for the blackmailer, he's using his cell phone
- That's the blackmailer. Take him down
- Pick up the storage device
- Lose your wanted level
- Take the photographs on the storage device to Francis
- The Blackmailer - Killed by Niko Bellic on orders from Francis McReary for attempting to blackmail him.
- Do this mission when it's sunny. Or, you can kill a pedestrian first, since everyone except the blackmailer will run away, you can then identify and snipe him with ease. Alternatively, you can keep calling the blackmailer until he calls the deal off. He will start running away which easily identifies him.
- The Blackmailer is wearing a black jacket with a yellow hood and has suede pants. He can be seen sitting on a bench below the two lookout points.
- Because you are so close to a river, you can jump into the river and swim out of the wanted range. Either the police can't see you in the water, or simply don't want to follow you. Either way, it's an easy way to lose the wanted status quickly. (Amazingly, the storage device is completely unharmed.)
- If you push the Blackmailer into the water and then kill him, Niko will tell Francis over the phone that he is unable to give him the photos, but note that they are buried in the river. The mission ends with this call, so there is a cutscene afterwards.
- Sometimes, if the game is minimized during the first cutscene, buoys can be seen falling on the places they were initially.
- In the first cutscene, Francis says he "knows a lot about Niko", including Niko killing Mikhail Faustin, and that the Russian Mafia wants him dead.